• - 12 - •

Elijah fixes his tie as his eyes fall on Alex lying on his bed staring at him.

"Freya's going to place a barrier spell on the abattoir, nobody will be able to get in or leave," Elijah says as he turns to look at her. "And I don't wish for you to leave."

"But you want to leave?" Alex asks. "I'm coming along." Elijah picks up his blazer lying on the bed and pulls it on.

"Absolutely not," Elijah says, She rolls to the side of the bed and stood from it. "I have some business to discuss with Vincent."

"And that's a reason why I'm not coming?" Alex asks. "Don't be ridiculous, of course, I'm coming along."

"It's too dangerous, who knows what those fools are capable of doing," Elijah says, She narrows her eyes in annoyance.

"And that's exactly why I have to come along," Alex says. "You're in more danger than I am, they want you and your family, not me, I'm unkillable."

"I realize this." Elijah begins, he speeds towards Alex and placed his hand on her cheek, gently sliding his thumb over her cheek. "But I fear something might happen, even with the barrier spell around the abattoir."

"But you're the one outside, you'll be an easy target for those idiots," Alex says. "They will take you if they can't take anyone else."

"Then I shall do my best to protect myself." Elijah softly says, Alex lets out a sigh and placed her hand against his chest.

"If something happens to you..." Alex begins, she balls her hand into a fist against his chest. "And I can't get out of this forsaken place, I swear..."

"Nothing will happen to me," Elijah says, she looks up at him as he takes her fisted hand with his free hand.

"We just became official and now you want to do out, do you dislike me so much that you wish to get yourself killed?" Alex softly asks, she was conflicted, did he not like her as much as she had thought? Would he much rather go out on his own, fight off the danger on his own? If so, why not just break up with her.

"Of course not, But I do not want my family to be in danger," Elijah says. "As much as I trust that Freya will not fail, I fear that these witches have an upper hand in this fight, they will do anything in their power to get to us, I don't want my brother, my niece to be exposed without help." She looks down at the ground, his hand move from her cheek to underneath her chin. "Please, trust me, trust that I will be all right."

"As long as you know that I will be keeping an eye on you," Alex says, Elijah nods his head

"I wouldn't want to have it any other way," Elijah says. "I will be back soon, my sweet darling." The sound of jazz music outside was faint as he leaned in closer, his smell invaded her nostrils, he almost smelled like old books and wine, with a hint of burning fire, something she could have rubbed off on him, his lips brush against her, her scent invaded his space as she smelt like vanilla being burned, she leans closer against him, the warmth of her body consumed his cold one, he tasted the honey she poured on her pancakes earlier, her lips felt soft and warm against his.

•••