• - 14 - •

Alex descends from the stairs with a worried mixed with a confused expression, she had come to search for Elijah, but he was nowhere to be found in the abattoir, Klaus sat with Hope at the dining table feeding her sweet treats.

"Isn't it a little early for sugar?" Alex asks, Klaus looks up at her.

"Forgive me for wanting to treat my daughter, she did after all save my life yesterday," Klaus says, Alex nods her head as Hayley enters the dining room.

"Good morning," Hayley says and kisses the top of Hope's head, she looks down at the table. "I guess apple turnover is fruit."

"Well, I saw no harm in indulging our daughter's sweet tooth, all things in moderation, of course," Klaus says.

"Okay, wow," Hayley says, she bends down to Hope's level. "Don't eat too much or you'll get a stomachache."

"Klaus, may I have a word with you? Privately?" Alex asks as she glanced down at Hope, Klaus nods his head and stood from his chair.

"I'll be right back," Klaus says, they walk out of the dining room, and he closes the door behind them. "It must be serious if you do not want my daughter to hear."

"I don't want her to become worried, but have you seen Elijah? I've searched everywhere for him in this place, I can't find him," Alex says, Klaus could hear the worry in her tone. "The last time I saw him was when I left last night."

"I thought he was with you," Klaus says becoming concerned, he hadn't seen his brother the entire morning either. "Can you track him?"

"I tried, but there's something blocking my sight, something dark," Alex says. "I can't pinpoint his exact location either, I told him to go make peace with Marcel last night before I left, but Marcel doesn't have him, I searched." Klaus balls his hands into a fist as his jaw clenches.

"It's the Hallow, it probably has Elijah," Klaus says.

"Most likely, I doubt Marcel can do magic and I doubt any of the covens would want to start a war right now, besides, the magic being used is dark," Alex says.

"I'll go to Marcel's place, see if I can get him to help us, or see if Elijah ever made it to his place," Klaus says, Alex nods her head.

"Be careful," Alex says, Klaus nods his head and enters the dining room where Hope and Hayley were to explain the situation.

•••

Alex stood on the bottom step of the staircase looking at Vincent as he explained his bazaar plan to everyone.

"Okay,  you want a plan of attack? It comes down to this, use the element of surprise, now, Marcel will hand over the bone and then stab the Hallow with Hayley's blood, and then I'm gonna cast the spell that buries her." Vincent explains.

"The ancestors' spell requires a sacrifice, an original has to die," Hayley says.

"Yeah, and right now the hallow's gonna use Elijah's death to come back, but that opens up a window where I can shove her back into her grave," Vincent says, Klaus stood from the couch, ready to protest.

"You'll forgive me for stating the obvious, but your plan does nothing to save my brother, in fact, it relies entirely upon his death," Klaus says, Alex looks down at her feet, if the plan was to be done it would mean she would lose Elijah, even though she could bring him back, but she didn't know what the consequences would be if she did.