Chapter 9

Unedited
Sang's POV

"You guys seem like you know the new teacher?" I kind of leave that open.
"Oh, um, yeah, she was an old teacher from our old school," Victoria kind of trails off, looking at Dakota and Shawna for answers. Interesting.
"Oh, that's cool," Not knowing how to respond. Why is their old teacher here now? They all nod and follow me into the line to get breakfast. Today is biscuits and gravy, not the worst thing here and it is edible so, I really can't complain. I can't say the same for the new girls though. They grimace with every bit.
"How are you eating this?" Lucy whisper-shouts.
"I've been here for three years, I got used to it, and besides this is a lot better than the surprise omelette," I tell them truthfully.
"Surprise omelette?"
"Yeah, well we call it that. It's just called an "omelette", but it's kinda a surprise on what's going to be in it, or if it will look like an omelette period.
Victoria and Lucy shudder and, if possible, actually turn green. Is it sad that I want a picture just so the next time someone says it's not possible I can show them it? Shawna looks at the food and pokes it as if it might attack her, and I smirk, holding in the giggle at Dakota's face when she takes her next bite. Just wait girls. You haven't seen anything yet. "So girls, I forgot to go over the rules last night." I look at my watch. "CRAP! WE GOTTA GO!"
"What do you mean?" Victoria looks panicked.
"I mean we're late. WE ARE LATE."
"Late? It's breakfast. Well, if you can call this food." Lucy says totally still focused on the food issue still.
"NO, there is an unspoken law about this. If we don't go to the guidance counselor's right now we won't be able to get our schedules fixed. If we aren't too late already."
"Won't they have to see everyone in line?" Dakota asks.
"Well, yes they have to see them, but they don't have to change their schedules."
"Wait, so you're telling me that I may have to wait in line to get my shitty schedule changed to a good one, and it may not even happen?" Shawna inquires, looking upset.
"Yes, and if we don't get the right counselor then definitely won't happen."
"This sucks!" Lucy explodes, finally tuning into the seriousness of this.
"Yeah, it does. It's school." I look at the clock on the wall. "Now, let's book it. We have no time." The girls shrug, and nod following me on my power walk, because ladies do not run in the halls, learned that the hard way. Fortunately for them, their tall selves didn't even have to walk remotely fast to keep up with me. Why do tall people have it so easy? Fast walking with freakishly tall legs. Can reach the top shelf. Don't need to wear heels. Can see over people's heads in class. They have it all! Walking into the front office I see the line to the good counselor is full. I groan, and bite my lip. "Why?"
"Why?" Dakota repeats.
"Yes, why? Why did I have to run late? We aren't getting our schedules changed. The line is full, and we will be moved to one of the other two now. We are officially screwed." Shawna gets a thoughtful look on her face, and then looks over me to Victoria doing that weird eye-talk thing. Okay, that is not normal. Why can't I do eye-talk? Wait, why can't all girls do eye-talk? FOCUS SANG.
"Right, so we have a solution." Dakota says with a soft smile. You didn't even talk! YOU DID NOT EVEN PARTICIPATE IN EYE-TALK! HOW DID YOU GET A SOLUTION?
"Pumpkin, we are going to take you to someone else." Shawna says in a soft, soothing voice.
"Okay? But these are the only three that do this."
"Trust us Princess. We will get your classes changed." I look over the four girls and they all have hopeful looks. Trust them? I don't trust people period. People lie. People hurt you. Why would I trust these girls? But-but I do. For some strange reasons I do. Not much, but what's the worst that could happen here anyway? It's not like my schedule will get changed if I stay here. Dakota gives a nod of approval at my facial expression. Maybe I do have eye-talk and I'm just not good at reading it? Or I'm an open book.
"Let's go." I say and follow the other girls down the hall into the teacher's offices. Victoria does a weird knock on the door. 2 short, 1 long, 1 loud, 1 short. Code?
"Come in." The voice sounds almost masculine, but with just a trace of femininity, almost as if the person wanted to get rid of it. I'm the last one in, and I cannot see over their heads. I hear Lucy though. "Miss B!" Oh, Miss Black? Why would they take me to see her? 'She was a teacher at our old school'. Something-something is weird.
"Ms. Taylor, Ms. Leeland, Ms. Morganstar, Ms. Greenfield, and," she pauses and looks me over with wide eyes, "Ms. Sorenson, what can I do for you today?"
"Well Ms. Black, we have a problem. Sang here isn't happy with her schedule." Shawna informs her, causing Ms. Black's to go over to me again, and my face to blush.
"And I do not see why she could not go to the counselor or headmistress with this. Schedule changes are happening right now."
"Yes, but we missed the one that will actually change her schedule. We need you to put her in the right classes." Shawna continues.
"What about you guys? I don't want to burden Ms. Black. We can just leave. It's no big deal. I thought you would want your schedules changed." I ask, not wanting to be the center of attention from this perfect lady.
"Are you happy with your current schedule Ms. Sorenson?" Ms. Black's voice pipes in.
"Um, well I didn't really have time to look over it. I know I won't be though."
"Why?"
"Well, they never give me all of the classes that I originally picked. Normally they throw me in some basic classes that I've either already taken, or I didn't want to take because they feel like I would not be able to keep up. I've went through this for the past three years. This year will be no different."
"Hmm," Miss Black takes my schedule and looks it over. She raises a brow at it and looks back to me. "Which classes are you wanting to take from this list?" I read it over and I notice something at the very bottom. Music- Black. Wait, they brought music back? I thought I was the only student interested and it wasn't worth paying for? See, I started my classes my first year here. It was great, until halfway through the semester the music teacher quit due to personal reasons, aka she didn't want to beat us, and since I was the only active student in music they decided not to hire a teacher but to make a "waiting list" and if the list reached over 10 people they would consider hiring a new one. That had never happened. So why is Ms Black here, teaching music? I look up at Ms Black, perfect posture, glacier eyes that can cut you with just a look, stern expression that gives nothing away, and lithe movements that are precise. Not a hair out of place as she looks down at me with a mere eyebrow raise, the only sign giving way that she is waiting on my answer, and I wonder if she is going to be as intimidating in class as she is now. If so, I'm not sure I want to be in class with her, but then I really think about picking up my violin again, in front of people, and learning to play better, from an instructor and not books or videos, and decide that it will be worth it.  I look over the rest of the class list and see AP Anatomy, oh look something I signed up for, Math IV, and the downfall begins, Home Ec, US History, took that last year, Literary Works, isn't that just fancy language for reading, and French I, I've literally been taking Greek and Spanish, why am I in a French class? I sigh. This isn't the schedule I wanted, but I would be learning a new language if I started with French. I already got the basics of the other two, and I was starting to really get into Greek. My thoughts trail off and I am snapped back to reality when Ms. Black clears her throat.
"OH YES! I mean, no, no this isn't the schedule I would like. It's fine with me though. I mean I've been waiting on a music class, and a new language is never a bad thing. Then I did get AP Anatomy and Home Ec." I try to hit the highlights, and maybe if I focus on the good then she can move on to the other girls, and they will stop looking at me. I really hate being the center of attention. Plus, she isn't even allowed to do this. I don't think. Why are they helping me?
"Sang, Sweetie, calm down. We are just going to change your schedule. Tell us what you want to fix." Dakota says in her soothing voice that calms my nerves like magic. Hmm, I might need to think about this later.
"Wait, she's in music?" Lucy says.
"The 'she' is right here and yes, I am," I almost glare at Lucy for trying to talk about me with me in the room, rude.
"Sorry, Sang. But what instrument do you play?" Lucy sounds sincere, so i let it pass.
"The violin," I all but sigh thinking about the beautiful instrument.
Ms Black's eyebrows lift up, and she looks kind of surprised about this information.
"How long have you been playing?" She asks in a lighter tone than normal.
"Well, I guess technically three years, but the music teacher left in the middle of the first year and since then I was learning from books and videos," I kind of mumble the last bit. 
"That is pretty incredible Sang," Victoria tells me, making me feel happy inside.
Ms Black makes humming noise, "What else did you want to take?" I then list off how I did want AP Anatomy, Home Ec., French, music, calculus, AP chemistry, AP English 4, and Psychology.
It was quiet as Ms Black typed away at her laptop and I was able to hear the soft sounds of Winter playing in the background making my foot tap to it. Ms Black looks up, "Do you know this song?"
I nod, "It's Winter by Vivaldi, it's my absolutely favorite piece," I all but gush. I look at Ms Black and she has a millimeter smile, making her face softer, her eyes a molten silver as she looks almost proud. My heart starts to pump faster and my palms start to sweat, and my face feels warm. What is wrong with me? 
---------------------------------------------------
1901 words
A/N: Oh Ms. B what a beautiful girl you make! Hehehe so what's wrong with Sang? Do you guys like Miss Black? What's gonna happen next? (It's gonna be interesting that's for sure). How well will music class go? Oh and don't forget the "visitors" they will be having soon. And how did Kota get the solution without participating in eye-talk? Find out more about the uh girls next week! Sorry about the mistakes I will edit when finals are over! Vote and comment! Love ya!