Chapter 12

A/N: ah, two posts in one day. Productivity! Enjoy!

-------------------------

A-report

The girls all made it back to the room later that night. All feeling somewhat better about the situation. The rules however are certainly not a short little guideline that most schools give out. Sang was right, they may need to go through it with highlighters. Kota sighs while looking over the handbook. There were more than 100 rules in this thing, and they were expected to know all of them to a tee. What the hell are they thinking? "Have you seen some of the stuff in here? The punishments? Purposefully vague. I mean, 'Spend an hour with the Headmistress and do what she decides'. Seriously? They just leave enough wiggle room for you to know that it isn't a nice little punishment, but don't come out right and say 'We are gonna abuse the students'. What kind of bullshit is this?" Lucy says. Shawna nods along, and Sang yawns in the corner.

"Well, I mean, it's how it has always been here. Your parents sign a waiver that stays in place as long as they are your guardian before entering this school. Then you sign a non-disclosure agreement, just like the faculty, that is sealed up tight so you can't talk about what is going on without being prosecuted for it."

"But it's abuse! Surely the non-disclosure agreement wouldn't stick!"

"If the abuse is never found, it would. Plus, the police department around here isn't exactly helping any. Trust me, the police chief is um friends with Satan."

"Satan?"

"Oh! Headmistress. We call the school Hell for short, and her Satan, for obvious reasons. It kinda sticks, and after some of the things-" Sang trails off.

"What things?" Victoria says. Sang shakes her head.

"Victoria, as much as I would like to tell you," she pauses taking a deep breath, "I can't. Just, just don't get in trouble. Please, stick to the rules." She sighs for a moment before looking at the others with a hard look.

"I do what I can for other students. It isn't easy, but I only have one year left. Then, my time will be up. You guys are the same. Just stick it out for one year, and then we can go. Remember the rules, and you'll be fine. I am gonna catch some sleep though, and I'm sorry to say, you all need to shower." She changes the subject with a slight giggle. Although, her heart isn't in it.

"Pookie, are you trying to tell me I stink?" Shawna says with a slight smirk.

"Well, I didn't want to call anyone out specifically." Her voice trails off as she yawns and grabs her clothes.

"I'm gonna shower and change first though. Anyone want to join me?" As Lucy is about to speak up, Kota interrupts.

"I think we are gonna look over the handbook together. Go ahead, we will be there in a bit." Sang nods, and heads out the door.

Lucy listens as Sang's footstep fades before she turns to the others, "What do you think she went through? She really didn't want to say."

"I don't know, but it must have been bad," Victoria shakes her head imagining all the horrible things that could have happened.

"Hey, we can sit here and play guessing games with this all night torturing ourselves, or we can find out why Kota blurted out Nathan's name when it came to Sang's questions." Shawna says with a gleam shining brightly within her eye.

"It was the first thing I thought of! And I mean, it caught me off guard, I didn't-IT WAS NOT ON PURPOSE!"

"Good to know the first thing you thought of when it came to a relationship was your best friend." Snorts Lucy.