PROLOGUE

I have everything and nothing...

--------

Life is not trouble-free as it seems. When I was a child, I thought that I will always have better days ahead. Then as I grow up, I realized that our lives were simple, but it will never be easy.

I dreamt of becoming a doctor because I wanted to help others in need. I wanted to offer them free medication or consultation especially those people who cannot afford expensive medicines. My hobby is all about arts. I love to paint or sketch something to express my emotions.

My parents love story started at Greece then they travelled around the world before settling in the Philippines. I have three siblings: my older brother Rey, my baby sister Nix, and my baby brother John. I think I started to love arts because I help a lot at my father's work when he's making sketches on his work. He is an architect and he started working in Australia after my 6th birthday while my mother started a new business. And that's when I started seeking for my parents' love and affection. I was used to be their sweet baby girl. When they got busy in their works, they also forgot about us. Our house that once full of happiness was replaced by loneliness.

People around me started to call me an attention seeker, a spoiled brat, a bitch, and other bad names. They thought I was some rich kid that never appreciate my parents' effort to give me better education. I remembered that in grade school, I always throw a tantrum whenever I want to see my parents. I sometimes cry and hesitate to attend classes. My reason was to make my parents cancel their work and went back home even if it's once in a month. But when they become aware of my acts, they just send expensive gifts to us, especially for me, in exchange for the times they missed out having with us. What do they expect? That I will enjoy those material things? I don't want those cheap objects! Our family may be rich and popular, but I still wanted the happiness of my family and our precious time back!

Years passed, and my parents continue to disregard my existence, then my teenage year came. I'm not a baby anymore. I'm a young adult now and I learned to adapt in this new stage of life. My body went through a series of changes and I've been through a lot alone because I didn't have someone else to talk to.

Highschool days is the part of my life where I started to think about any plans in the future. I persist on achieving high grades in school to call out my parents' attention, but I failed. Some of my friends and relatives started asking me on what college course will I take after I graduated. It's as if they were really concern about me. They were all smiling faces when in front of me, but they were saying bad things behind my back. I hate fake people!

Highschool was also the part of my life where I hoped to find real friends and enjoy my life before being busy making a living as an adult in the upcoming years. I'm sure that being a college student is more serious and my life will be busy starting from there up to searching for a job and making a living.

I stopped believing in love after my parents ignored my achievements and when they forgot about me and my siblings. I started to break the rules and become one of the 'queen bees' in school. I became my parents' worst nightmare and they started to lecture me. That made me slightly happy. They were giving me half of the attention I wanted so I continued being the spoiled brat that the people around me used to call me. I'm not lucky in choosing the right circle of friends. I became a part of one of the popular high school cliques. They begin to act as my 'real' friends. Some of them were contemptuous, ill-mannered, arrogant, and flirts but they fill the void in my heart temporarily.

And then I met this simple girl. My life started to feel true happiness again. Highschool became the happiest moment of my life. I didn't know that I could fall for a person with the same gender as mine. She has this charm, sensitivity, and emotional availability that I didn't find with others. In one snap, I fell for her hard. I muster the courage to pursue her so that I could successfully make her mine. Is this what other people call home? Being safe and contented in the arms of the person you love?

---

Follow (press the ❤ ) AZIL on Dreame! https://www.dreame.com/novel/1972208.html

Daily Updates 3 PM PST