Chapter 4

~Bernie's POV~

I had forgotten her face, her smile, her laugh...
A part of me is happy she is back, but I still don't feel exactly right but I think that's because I'm nervous. Serena is back in ten days and I have been to busy to go round to hers and clean her house, I haven't seen Jason for a while... Witch is weird because we normally take our breaks at the same time. I still am behind on paperwork, I just feel like a mess. And when Serena comes back that means Alex will leave... Why can't I have both?

Me and Alex have decided to have dinner on her last night, I'm hoping it's a while away but that Serena comes back soon because I miss my best friend...

I'm about to go on my break, what a relief!

I  bought a coffee at the cafe and went on the roof. I sat myself down and started typing Serena a text: 

"Hello Mrs Campbell, and how are you? I haven't heard from you, so I'm hoping everything is okay. AUU is on fire! Mr Valentine and Mrs Dawson (Alex) have came to our rescue, Mr Hanssen is floating around, I think he misses you. To be honest, we all do, I do. I can't wait for your return! I bet"

"Hello, sorry I didn't see you." I heard, I took my eyes off my screen and lifted my head up to see Dom with a forced smile. He came closer and asked me if he could sit next to me, to which i agreed, of course. "The driving you mad on Keller?" I asked with a smile, this time he didn't fake it, he smiled, and laughed a little. "How did you guess?",  I raised one of my eyebrows while giving a cheeky smile. "What's up Dom?" I asked when I saw him lower his head and I just placed my hand on his shoulder "The sky", he replied with a laugh, "Ah" for some reason I laughed my head off, must of needed to let go... I finally calmed down and said "No, seriously, what's wrong?"I was still giggling a bit, "I miss him...", "Who?" I replied like an idiot, "Arthur!", "Ah! Yes sorry..." I was a little relieved that he didn't say Isaac...

As Dom left, I checked mu phone for the time, I had five minutes left. I calculated in my head, it takes me two minutes to get back down to AAU, I've got 3 minutes to finish my text. Well 2 now...

"...I bet your in the middle of nowhere sipping shiraz while listening to your music. Everyone is exited about your return, jumping up and down we are! Right I better get back to my shift, speak soon Serena, Bernie~x"

I looked at the time on my phone, already 3 minutes late... I ran back down to AAU, it was calm as anything! Fletch was doing bloods on a patient, Morven was at the computers with Mr Valentine, they were laughing quietly and Alex, well Alex was nowhere to be seen. I wasn't going to look up on her, in the army she was a good surgeon and I don't think things would have changed over night. I walked over to the office. Opened the door, and then fell down on my bum.

In my armsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें