Chapter 10

~Serena's POV~

A couple of days passed and today was supposed to be Alex's last day at Holby. Bernie had been in theatre on Darwin with Jac, so I've had the office to myself. AUU, for the first time ever was silent. I think it's because we have Bernie's fans in, every time she away from AAU, it goes quiet. Maybe not as bad as this but that's probably because she hasn't been here the past week...

I haven't missed her... At all may I add...

I go and see Fletcher to check that all is in order, Hansen has been freighting because "Ms. Berenise Wolfe" hasn't been here. I told him all was well and reminded him I coped without her before, but he didn't listen to any of it...

I heard that Alex and Bernie were supposed to be meeting up tonight at Albie's. I might have got a change of clothes...

I spot Fletch with a patient and as he sees me, he makes his way to the nurse's office, to which I am leaning on one of the desks.

-Well hello there Miss Campbell! He smirked.

-Someone's in a good mood, what have I missed?

-Oh nothing... I'm guessing your going to Albie's tonight?

-Um, well I was going to ask to ask if you wanted to go out for a drink, why?

-I just guessed... He giggled to himself and wondered off.

I made my way slowly to my office, observing everyone's movement; I still didn't know why that "friend" of Alex and Bernie's didn't want them to treat her... Unusual...

Once back in the office I new straight away something had changed, was wrong...

I went to check if no one had hacked into the patients notes but no trace of anything missed placed or missing... The computers! I checked mine, nothing. I checked Bernie's. But the computer wasn't even turned on, and there was still the picture of both of us as her wallpaper background. Something was odd though... Her things! Her things were gone! I tried to open some of the cupboards, but they were all locked, even her file cupboard!

Has Alex finally persuaded her to go with her?