Chapter 5 (Part one)

~Alex's POV~
I saw Bernie go for her break before so I thought it would of been nice of me if I finished her paperwork for her. At least it would give me something to do... Not that it's boring looking after my patients, I have already checked up on them all and I want to lend a hand by helping out in the office department.

I had nearly finished in the office when the door opened and startled me a little but when I saw Bernie, it looked like she was about to have a heart attack. She feel on the floor and got back up as soon as she touched it.
-What on earth are you doing? She said as she closed the door behind her.
-Just trying to help... I replied with a nervous smile.
She came over to the desk and looked at Serena's "old" desk. 

-Have you cleaned Serena's desk or something?

-Just a couple of papers that were lying about...

Here face! Her stare moved from Serena's desk to my face in a flash and gave me, what looked like, a death stare.

-Can you please leave?... She said with a husky voice. Her gaze landed on Serena's desk again.

-Sure, got patients to see anyway...

I left the office that was now filled with tension... I had really put my foot in it this time...

~Bernie's POV~

"How dare she? Touch my Serena's things? Well paperwork... But it's still "her things"!" I thought to myself.

My eyes were still glued on Serena's freshly cleaned desk. I went over and sat myself in her chair, and started daydreaming...

~Bernie's Daydream~

Serena and I had just entered the office full of giggles after Raf and Fletch making us laugh with their stupid jokes. Serena was just about to sit down until I pulled her chair away and sat in it myself.

-Do you mind?

-No, I don't actually... I smirked at her at then pretended to sleep. I didn't hear her for a couple of seconds and then I felt her breath on my neck. I opened my eyes and found her somehow balancing, not touching me by 2 cm. Her gorgeous eyes melted mine before she whispered:

-Surprise!

I raised an eyebrow, puzzled. She smiled even more than she was at the time, and looked down to look at the rest of my body, took a second, looked back in my eyes and as I went to sit back in the chair she started tickling me!

-Stop! Stop! Please!

I couldn't stop laughing, I didn't care if anyone walked by the office or actually came in... She didn't stop until she saw I couldn't breath because I was laughing so hard.

-Pheww... I said breathless, she stood back up properly.

-Like a little kid... She said with a smirk on her face.

-I'll get my revenge... I tried through my giggles.

-But you still won't give me my chair back?

-Oh come here you little baby... I grabbed her arm, swung her around and she fell on my lap.

-Oh! She yelled a little as she fell, did I hurt you? She said as I rested my head on her shoulder.

-Don't be silly, women, well girl...

-What's that suppose to mean? She turned to face me.

-You have a little girl's laugh... I tried to say seriously.

-Do I?

-Proof...

I got my revenge and tickled her back. After we finished we had swopped positions and I was on her.

-Thank you Bernie...

-For what, gorgeous?

-Being my friend.

-What do you mean? How can someone resist the Campbell charm?

-Oh you flirt! No I'm being serious...

-Well I'm honoured that you consider me as your friend, I turned my head a little and she kissed me on the neck at the same time.

-Sorry... She said looking down, that was meant for your cheek, but you just had to move you wriggler. She then said as she looked at me with a smile and rosie cheeks.

My eyes had locked into hers, I couldn't see anything else, only her. Her smile soon faded as she saw I wasn't smiling at her. And I placed my hand on her cheek and kissed her neck back.

~End of Daydream~

Alex ran into my office,

-Sorry, need your assistance in theatre...

-Right, on my way. I replied with a smile.

I moved Serena's computer mouse and found a selfie of us on her lock screen that I didn't even know she still had. It made me smile but I had to get up and go... "Why couldn't that daydream be real?" I thought to myself on my way out...