Emma, Emma Swan

I walk down the side walk holding my ukulele in its case tightly. My runners splash in the puddles but I ignore the water splashing on my uncovered legs. I walk to the park and see that everything is almost dry from yesterday's rain. I walk up to the middle of the park where I teach kids the ukulele and guitar. Today is Ukulele day. I will teach a lesson this morning and after I pick Henry up at school.

I sit down and all the kids start to show up. I teach them how to tune their ukulele and then we start the song they should have practiced this week.

After the practice I run down the road holding tightly onto my ukulele. I run up to the station and open the doors and walk in. I put my ukulele down in my office and walk to the front desk to get my work for the day.

I start working on writing a article and then I hear a nock on my door. I look up and it's my boss.

"Hey I wanted to see how Henry is?" He asks me.

"He's fine..." I say.

I'm a pretty closed off person so I don't say anymore.

"Emma, please talk to me." He says calmly.

"Sorry I'm busy." I say and start working again.

The day goes by quickly and by this time I'm sprinting down the road to my car and packing all of my things inside. I drive to Henry's school and walk in.

"Hi I'm here for Henry Swan." I say looking down at my phone.

"Okay you are Miss. Swan?" She asks while the phone rings.

I shake my head and she says something into the phone.

"Go ahead and take a seat he's just packing up know." She says.

I take a seat and look down at my phone, I never talk to anyone around this town at all except for the kids who I teach ukulele and guitar to and their parents but I'm still very closed off.

"Hey Mom." Says Henry as he walks into the office.

"Mom this is Amily. She was wondering if she could get a ride?" He asks.

I look up and stand up quickly. Their bell rings and I sigh.

"Okay where do you live Amily?" I ask walking out of the school.

"Just fifteen minutes from here, well I don't live there but it's my dad's work." She says smiling up at me.

"Hmmm... what's the building called?" I ask unlocking my yellow bug.

"Down Brunston alleyway. Building three." She says and gets in the back of the bug and Henry gets in the front.

"Okay I can bring you there. Who are you meeting again?" I ask.

"I'm meeting my dad and he's going to be flying me out to my mom's in two days." She says. I hear the hit on frown in her voice.

I turn on the music and we drive in silence all the way to the building. I get out and tell them to wait in the car and I get out and walk over to the building and up to the front desk.

"Hello, do you know Amily? I'm here to drop her off, I'm sorry I didn't get her last name." I say to the guy at the front desk.

"Yes Amily Gold." He says and then picks up the phone.

"Hello? Mr. Jones I'm here with a miss..." He says "What's you're name miss? " He asks my quietly.

"Emma, Emma Swan." I say looking down at my hands.

"I'm here with a Miss. Emma Swan. She has brought you're daughter from school."

He hangs up after a while and waves me off and I go and get Amily and Henry. We walk into the building and Amily waves to the guy at the front desk. I pull back my hair and sigh.

"This is my dad's office. Thank you Miss. Swan. I just have one question. Do you give ukulele lessons?" She asks me.

"Yes." I say quietly.

"Do you think maybe my dad could talk to you about signing me up?" She asks me.

"Umm... I'm not sure. If you give me you're dad's email I can't speak with him through that." I say pulling out my phone and opening my email quickly.

"Oh I don't know it but you could ask him know." She says.

"Ummm... I actually really need to be going." I say putting my phone away.

"Common mom just ask him quickly." Says Henry.

I brush the scars on my hand where my pinky finger should be.

"Sorry I need to go, I have lessons soon and I don't want to be late." I say and I look up and see see a really handsome guy standing at the door.

"Can I take her know?" He asks in a really cute accent.

"Im not sure, I guess." I say and turn around and walk away Henry following my closely behind.

We drive to the park again and kids are already waiting for me. I see Regina and I smile. I wave and rush into the park. We start the class with tuning and then they all play their peices and I grade them on it. Then Amily shows up with a ukulele.

I sigh and roll my eyes and she pulls up and chair. I see a car pull up on the grass. Then he gets out. I stand up quickly and Henry stands up too. I cross my arms and touch the empty spot were my finger should be.

The guy smile and waves to Henry and Henry  pull all of the kids away from the middle of the park. I wait there with my arms crossed.

"Emma Swan. Look I'm out of prison!" He says happily.

Hope you like this story! If you haven't already checked out my book The Accident then I'm sure you will love it. Hope you like this first chapter!😁❤