Chapter 3

In Kanto Airport-

After 6 hours and finishing the Undertale Pacifist Run, Amber and Cassidy got off the plane and stepped out into the cool breeze and sun. "Woah, nice weather out here!" Cassidy smiled. Amber stretched out and the two grabbed their bags, Cassidy pulling out a phone.

"So, I thought we should go to Pallet Town, and stay there! Then we can split up and do our own thing!" Cassidy was firing off texts to someone. "Professor Oak can give us our Regional License for Kanto."

"Okay, but we need to keep moving, we want to get some sleep, and you are walking sooooooo slow!" Amber complained, making Cassidy huff in mock-annoyance. "Geez, grumpy. Fine, I'll race you!" And so the two ran through the borders of Viridian City, and then through the grassy fields to Pallet Town. That is, until Cassidy collapsed by a river, tired. "Okay, Amber, you win! Let's have a break! Please?"

Amber smiled as she listen to Cassidy beg, before dropping down onto a patch of grass and pulling out a sketch pad and pencil. She began tracing shapes onto the page, then adding details and shading. It was the river, with the trees carefully drawn into the background. The Pokemon were playing, both in real life and the picture. Ferran, Cora, Chara and Sora were already good friends, Flare was cautiously touching the water that the Squirtle played in, and Raiden was asleep. Cassidy, stretched back in the grass, was there too, but Amber wasn't in the picture. Amber began to add extra details when Cassidy spoke up. "That is the best drawing I've ever seen, but you aren't in it! But I didn't even know you could draw! I can too, even if I usually do more Pokemon as anime-figures..."

Amber sighed and retorted "Well, you weren't even meant to see it, but thanks. And I don't like to draw myself, but I guess I'll try." Sketching herself in, she had herself gaze at the sky, not bothering with the picture inside the picture. Gazing into the tree line, Amber squinted at something Cassidy couldn't see, and added the small tufts of a fluffy tail and two ears, as well as the top of a head. Dropping the backpack Amber held, she let out a low wolf howl and Ferran took off after her. Cassidy saw a flash of an attack from behind a bush, and then a ding.

Amber returned spinning a Pokeball in her hand, "There was an Eevee tail, so I called Ferran and we caught the thing. I think I wanna try get a... Actually, why does everyone evolve Eevee's? I'll let this one choose." To Cassidy's amazement, Amber sketched out some quick objects, and released the Eevee. "Okay, Eevee, pick what you choose." But the Eevee shook itself out and shook its head. Cassidy realized it wanted to stay an Eevee. "Alright, your choice. I guess I'll call you... Star!"

Cassidy smiled as she watched the two play, the sketching forgotten. Wait, what was that? Over in the corner of that grove of trees... Hmm, probably nothing. But then there was something in a different spot. The thing kept moving, far and fast. The Pokemon must teleport... Not too many Pokemon who would live in this area... Abra! So I should use... "Raiden! Night-Shade!"

There was a cry as the Pokemon was hit, and it couldn't teleport. Cassidy whirled around, and threw a Pokeball. The Abra was caught. "Skills!" Amber called from behind. Cassidy smiled and replied with "Like you don't have skills yourself!" The two got up, and Amber smiled.

"I think I'll call my Squirtle River." The two returned their Pokemon, but left Sora, Ferran and Cora out. Finally, Pallet Town was in sight, and the two walked into their lodgings and put down their bags. "Welp, we should unpack, and settle in!" Cassidy called out. Doing so, Amber neatly piled her art stuff, money, clothes, camping gear, food and Pokemon things into the draws.

"You call THOSE clothes?!?" Cassidy called, and Amber smiled and retorted "well, I wear them, so yes!" Amber noticed Cassidy had a lot of sewing things and fabric, no wonder the backpack she had was so full. The two settled into their beds and went to sleep for the night. In the morning, the two took Pokeballs, their Pokemon and their Trainer Licences to Professor Oak, as well as their Pokeballs.

"C'mon, Cassidy! We need to hurry!" The two opened the door to the lab.

"Ah hello, you must be Cassidy and Amber! It's nice to meet you! I'll make this quick, I'll give you your licences!"

And so in five minutes the girls were in and out, and after some more time exploring Pallet Town and the surrounding landscape, the girls packed up and moved on.

"We'll head to Viridian City together, and then split up, okay?" Amber nodded, she knew they would split up but it was still kind of sad. The girls exchanged phone numbers, and then they were on the last route to Viridian city.

"Hey, Give me your Pokemon little girls!" A grunt of some kind with an R on his uniform stood there, closing in threateningly. The Pokemon were in Pokeballs, they were on their own. As Cassidy moved back, Amber let out the loudest scream, not a frightened one though, and swirled around, her back right leg lashing back and kicking the man in the face, knocking him to the floor unconscious. There was blood on his forehead.

"Cass, we need to go now, he might wake up. If he does it won't be pretty." The two grabbed hands and ran to the Pokemon Center, where they waited outside. "After that, we are sticking together, okay?" Cassidy nodded and began to laugh.

"You were awesome back there! I'm glad your travelling with me! And in return for flooring that dude, I can make you some new outfits!" Amber laughed too, and then fake groaned. "I'm not getting out of the outfits, am I?" "Nope!" Cassidy grinned.