Amber's First Contest!

---
Amber stared at the dress in Cassidy's hands, annoyed, shocked and angry at the sight of the girly-looking dress, "Why the hell do you want me to wear that?!"

Cassidy blinked her large brown eyes, "But, I thought you'd like to match Cora in the contest!" She gasped.

Amber's cheeks blazed at that, "I DO! B-But not like that! Nor am I going to that girl fest!" She yelled. Cassidy flinched and backed down, sighing, "Very well. And it's too bad, the prize was going to be a rare Pokemon." Amber's ears twitched upon hearing that. Turning to face her friend, she asked, "What type of Pokémon?"

Cassidy tapped a finger to her lip in thought, but she was actually snickering happily, 'Gotcha!' "I'm pretty sure it was a... Oh, I remember! It was an Aron egg! Yeah, that's it! Too bad you're not competing though. Would've been a GREAT Pokémon to have." The brunette wailed, covering her face with her right arm, smirking under it.

Amber was completely frozen mid-step. An Aron would be a wonderful addition, and its final evolution would be a powerhouse for sure. Making up her mind right there and then, she turned towards her fellow brunette, "Give me the damn dress."

Cassidy hopped up and smiled cheerfully at her friend, "Really? Great! You go get dressed, I'll do your makeup and hair. Chop chop now, the competition starts in two hours!" Amber, realizing what Cassidy just did, sputtered "Y-You... You tricked me?!"

The older trainer smirked, "Yep! And as a martial artist, you never go back on your word, right? You said, 'give me the dress', which​ means you're going to participate, no matter what! I mean, if you didn't do this, then that would mean your breaking the very code you grew up by! 'A martial artist can never go back on their word! They must follow through, no matter the obstacle!'. That's what it says, right?" The smug smirk on Cassidy's face told Amber everything.

"You found a fucking loophole and you're using it against me to get what you want!" The artist gasped.

Cassidy snickered, "Yep, that's pretty much the jist of it. Neat huh? Using the very foundation you grew up on and using it against you. But, then again, what are true friends for?" The brunette asked, grinning cockily.

The turquoise-eyed girl stared at her partner and stated aloud, "I have every right to sock you right now."

The Espeon Trainer saved her hand dismissively, "Yeah yeah, we'll talk about it later, now get your was in that dressing room and put on the dress or else I'm gonna dress you myself!" Pushing Amber inside the room with the dress, Cassidy closed the curtain, "And hurry it up! We spent almost twenty minutes arguing!"

Grumbling to herself, Amber pulled on the dress, shuddering at the... Just the entirety of it. The pink, cream and purple were so feminine, and the fabric was weird and uncomfortable. And if she fell over in the skirts, everyone would... She smiled to herself as she pulled on some black shorts. She was at least going to wear those if she had to wear this abomination!

Ducking out slightly from behind the curtain and sighing, she stepped out to the snickers of Ferran and Cora, the two Pokémon who knew how painful this was for her, and a gasp from Cassidy. "You look... Great!" She called excitedly. "I don't feel great..." Amber responded, grumbling under her breath.

"Ok, so have you worked out what you're going to do for the contest? You need a plan!" Cassidy fretted while rooting around in a bag. "I'll help you groom Cora, and you can handle the battle no problem, I'm trusting." Amber smirked as Cassidy continued.

"You just need to make sure the Moves you choose are elegant and stunning for the moves section. But what about the Talent section?"

The two trainers tried to think of something, until Cassidy snapped her fingers, an idea popping into her head, "How about you start off with Misty Terrain, to give it a slightly ominous feel, before appearing holding a red and purple ribbon, and while you dance and twirl, Cora dances​ around you while using Swift and Dazzling Gleam, clashing them together to create sparkles while also using Fairy Wind to blow them around both of you and the audience, and then finish with Moonblast?" The girl asked, imagining it as she went.