Chapter 4: Mistakes

When we got to the planetarium, we paid to get it and then found seats. "Hey (Y/N)." Zane said, sitting down next to me. "Hey!" Lucinda and I said. Before we could say anything else, the lights dimmed and the show started.
(After the show)
"That was fun!" I said, ruffling Zane's hair. I knew he hated it, but I did it anyway. Lucinda laughed, which only encouraged me to do it more. We both started teasing Zane; messing up his hair and pulling his mask and pushing him a little. "I'm gonna go." He said, dropping back. I looked back at him to see that his eyes were red and he was trying not to cry. Lucinda did as well. "Stop!" He snapped. We turned around, getting into my car. I felt absolutely horrible about it. I blinked tears out of my eyes, trying to make them stop, but they just kept coming. When we got back to the street, Lucinda took me over to Laurance and Garroth's house to hang out. Kawaii~Chan, Katelyn and Aphmau were all there as well. I sat down at the dining table, wiping my eyes. I could feel myself shaking as I ignored the stares from the other people. "Let's play a game!" Aphmau squealed, getting out Life. I got up to join them, and after a while, I was laughing and having a good time. I bounced up to Laurance to tell him that it was his turn, and he turned around and put his plate down. "Are you okay?" He asked softly. I could immediately feel the tears coming back. "I don't know...I'm messed up with my best friend and I don't know how to fix it." I mumbled, wiping away tears. He nodded, then gave me a napkin. I gladly took it and wiped away tears before we returned to the game. After we finished, I had almost forgotten about what had happened. I went home to find Aaron at my door. "Hey. There's a new movie out, and I....what's wrong?" He asked, throwing an arm around my shoulder. I explained to him what happened, yet again trying to blink away tears. He nodded sympathetically. "Wanna see the movie?" He asked, shaking me a bit. I smiled trough my tears and nodded. "Sure."
(After the movie.)
"That was great!" I exclaimed as we got in his car. "Yeah, the part where he blew that guy's head off was awesome!" We got in his car and drove back to my place, all the while talking about the movie. He dropped me off, and I waved goodbye before coming face to face with Zane. I could feel the tears rising yet again. "I'm sorry. It wasn't your fault, I promise. I just lost control of my emotions. I'm sorry." He whispered. I shook my head. "It was." I mumbled, my voice breaking. He could tell I was on the verge of tears, and he shook his head. "I'm so sorry.." I told him, tears spilling over. "It wasn't your fault." He said before he walked back to his house.

It wasn't your fault. Oh, Zane. If only you understood...it was my fault. Every time you've ever been hurt was because of me, and I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. I'm so sorry.