Chapter 6: Mother

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing on my nightstand. At first, I thought it was my alarm clock, so I slammed my hand down. On my phone. It quickly registered that it was actually my phone, and not something else. I picked it up, rubbing my eyes. "Hello?" I mumbled into the phone, exhausted. "Hello. Is this (Y/N) (L/N)?" The person on the other end said. "Yes, why are you calling me?" I asked, more awake now. "Well, sir, you se-" The person was immediately cut off. I pulled the phone back, assuming I accidentally pressed the end button. But no. My phone died. I plugged it in, getting out of bed. "Well, might as well get out of bed." I said under my breath, pulling out some clothes before heading to the bathroom.

I walked down the stairs, satisfied when I didn't trip. But, Lord behold, I tripped on my way to the kitchen and smashed my nose on my floor. I rolled over onto my back, clutching my nose. I leaned my head back and pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to stop the blood flow as I got up and grabbed a towel. Once I had somewhat stopped bleeding, I walked over to the cabinets and started to get myself a bowl and spoon.

I sat down, still pinching my nose as I ate my cereal. Once I was finished, I washed my bowl and spoon, then headed up to get changed.

I knocked on Aphmau's door, expecting Kawaii~Chan to come to the door. Instead, I was greeted with a blue-haired bedhead and a dark smile. "Who did you want to see?" Katelyn said, still forcing a smile. "You can drop the fake smile, Katelyn. And I was wondering if you knew how to stop a bloody nose?" I asked, wincing slightly as I laughed. She sighed, then stepped back to let me inside. She led me to the kitchen, then tied her hair up. "Here." She said, handing me a paper towel. "Now, take your hands away." She ordered. I did, and she started laughing. "Oh my god! You broke your nose!" She shrieked, clutching her stomach. I rolled my eyes. "Yes, yes, very funny." I said sarcastically, fighting a smile. "We need to take you to the hospital. I'll be right back." She giggled, heading up to her room. I walked over to the downstairs bathroom to see how bad it was. I jumped when I saw myself. I had blood all over myself, and I washed that off before I could see anything else, staining the water red. Once I washed it all off and dried my face, I turned back to the mirror. My nose was squished up, making me look slightly like a pig. I pulled it down, and it went easily. I tugged my nose to the side, watching as it moved any way I wanted it to. I started laughing after I put it right; hysterical, panicked laughter. I sat on the toilet seat with my head in my hands. After a few minutes of me trying to calm down, Katelyn knocked on the door. "Ready?" She asked, leaning against the doorframe. I looked up at her. "Am I gonna be okay?" I asked, running my hands through my hair. "You're going to be fine. After all, I was." She chuckled, tapping her nose. "Now, come on." She grabbed my arm, tugging me to her car.

"What are you here for?" The woman asked. "A broken nose." I responded, looking anywhere but her.
"Name?"
"(Y/N) (L/N)."
"Come." She said, quickly getting up and leading me to the elevator.

She pulled me to the side, handing me a surgical mask to put on. She waited until I put it on before shoving me into a hospital room. I looked around before my eyes focused on the person on the bed.

"Mom!" I cried, running to the side of the bed. Her cheeks were sunken, her skin pale, her eyes dull, and her hair so thin. She gave me a weak smile through cracked lips. "Hey, baby." She said, before erupting into a bought of coughing. My eyes filled with tears watching her. She saw me watching her and waved her hand. "No, no, I'm fine." She said through coughs. I gently grabbed her hand. Her skin was so thin; you could see her bones and veins through the skin. "Momma." I sobbed, falling to my knees as I cried beside her bed. Her hand stroked my hair, making me cry even more. "Shh. It's okay, baby." Mom whispered soothingly. I looked up at her, my eyes blurry with tears. "It's not okay, Momma. You're dying." I wailed. "Listen to me, honey. I'm going to be okay." She murmured, starting to cough again. "Doctor!" I screamed. A man ran in, clutching a clipboard to his chest. I frantically pointed to my mother, tears running down my face now. "Do something!" I begged, still clutching on to her hand. He looked at his clipboard and then back at me. "There's nothing we can do, sir." He told me emphatically. I let go of her hand, then stood up to the doctor. "You can do something, I'm sure! Help her! That's my mother!" I yelled/sobbed. "Sir. We can't do anything." He said firmly, slightly pushing me away. I fell onto my knees and grabbed his hand. "Please..I'm begging you...do something, anything...just help her." I pleaded. Her heart monitor slowed down, and I slowly turned my head to look at her. I stared at her for a few seconds, watching as her lips formed a smile and as she mouthed "I love you" as her heart monitor went flat.

Sorry for the delay! I had to help babysit for the entire day on Friday, had the party on Saturday, and there was almost a tornado on Sunday, so I couldn't really update. Love you guys!