Chapter 5: We're Like Gasoline and Fire

If only you understood. I thought, watching him walk away. I unlocked the door to my house, picking up the phone and ordering a pizza before I would change my mind.

Ding! I walked towards the door, the happy doorbell ring signaling that my dinner was here. I opened the door, only to find Michi. "Hello (Y/N)~Kun." She purred, leaning against the doorframe. "So~? Whatcha doin'?" She asked. I internally sighed. "About to eat, why?" I told her. "Cool! Michi~Chan wanted to ask if you were free tonight~." She squealed. I shook my head. "Sorry Michi, but no." Her smile immediately turned into a pout. "Why?" She whined. "Because." I said. She stood up and out her hands on her hips, her left ear twitching a bit. I looked at her and took in what she was wearing. A strapless black dress that snugly fit over the soft curve of her breasts, her waist, her hips, and ended mid-thigh. It left a teasing amount of her legs showing, her lavender heels making her legs look a mile long. She managed to pull off the smokey eye look perfectly, her hair cascading down her shoulders in gentle curls. I snapped back into reality, hearing the last of what she was saying. "...night together on the town?" She out a lot of work into this look, I could tell. I sighed. "Fine." She gave me a dazzling smile as I let her in. "You can sit on the couch. I'll go get ready." I mumbled, taking the stairs two at a time.

I combed my hair, looking into the mirror. Dark jeans, dress shoes, nice shirt? Check. Wallet and phone? Check. The doorbell rang again, and I ran down. Michi was nowhere to be found, so I assumed she was in the bathroom. I opened the door, coming eye to eye with the pizza man. I quickly took the pizza, paid for it, and went back inside before putting it in the fridge for later. Michi came out of the guest bathroom, her lipstick reapplied. "Ready?" I asked. "Yup!" She exclaimed, popping the 'p'. I opened the door for her, ignoring the flirty look she gave me. I shur it behind her, getting in the car. I started it, waiting for her to get inside. When she didn't, I looked over to the passenger side, only to see her standing outside with her bottom lip slightly sticking out. I rolled her window down. "Get in." I told her. "But the gentleman is supposed to open the door for the lady!" She protested. I glared at her. "Get. In." She sighed. "Fine." She mumbled, opening the door and sliding in.

"We're here!" She exclaimed. My jaw dropped. "By a 'night out on the town', you meant a club?" I asked. She nodded, jumping out. I sighed, also getting out. I sighed as she dragged me inside. She tugged us straight to the bar, ordering two drinks. When he slid them over, she nudged one in my direction. It was a pale blue with purple swirls in it and ice floating around. "Cheers!" She yelled over the music. I reluctantly held up my glass before taking a sip. "I ordered you a virgin. No alcohol." She told me, smiling. I genuinely smiled back, relieved. A hangover was something that I didn't want to deal with. The drink was sweet and fruity with a small hint of sour every few sips. I continued sipping my drink, watching with amusement as Michi downed hers. "Come on!" She yelled, tugging me towards the dance floor. I could tell she was already a bit tipsy by the way she walked. A faster, upbeat song came on, and a cheer rose from the dance floor. Michi started dancing, swinging her hips to the beat with her hands over her head. I watched as she danced, in awe. "Come on, dance!" She screamed over the song. I shrugged. "You don't know how?" She asked, in disbelief. I shook my head, awkwardly smiling. "Just let the beat take you where it wants!" She exclaimed, taking a cocktail from a passing waitress and downing it before the waitress even left. I stood back, watching as she got up on a platform and started dancing. Cheers arose from the crowd as everyone started watching her. "DJ! Turn on some Rihanna!" She screamed. The song changed to a Rihanna song, and Michi started dancing like there was no tomorrow, catcalls and cheers rising up around her.

*Three hours later, once you have dropped Michi off at her house and you are laying on your couch eating pizza at 11pm watching Netflix. (Author: You loser. *mutters* thats my thing.)*

I took another bite, my eyes fixed ok the T.V. As I paused it to get a drink, I heard a soft knock on my door. I put down my pizza and walked to the door.

"(Y/N)." He said softly as soon as I opened the door. I froze, my eyes fixed on his. "Why are you up so late?" I asked, my voice void of emotion. "I couldn't sleep. Why don't you believe me when I say it wasn't your fault?" He said forcefully. "Because it was." I said. "Everything bad that has happened to you, I've been there, and it's almost always been my fault." His eye was wide. "But it wasn't, (Y/N)." He protested. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Why don't you understand? It was my fault. Just leave it at that." I growled. He stepped back a bit, surprised. "You want me to tell you what you want to hear? Fine."

"It was your fault. Everything bad that happened to me was your fault. You caused it all. No one. It was all. Your. Fault." He snapped, his face pink with anger. "Thank you." I mumbled, shutting the door. I locked it, ignoring the knocks that came afterwards and the muffled words from outside. I went into the kitchen, grabbed a soda, and resumed what I was doing before I was interrupted. Sorry, Zane. We're like fire and gasoline. We can't stay away from each other, but we're not the best for each other either.

Zane's POV

He shut the door, his eyes downcast. 'Oh no. Why did I say that?' I thought, mentally kicking myself. I knocked again, trying to apologize. I heard the T.V. turn on, but I stayed out there for at least 15 minutes before giving up and going home. I laid down on my bed, clutching my head in my hands.
What have I done?

Thank you guys so much for reading! It's Tuesday, and I'm trying to keep up with what I said, so here's the update I promised! Again, I'm really sorry about the fact that I wasn't updating at all. If you have any questions, just comment them and I will gladly answer them! Just...please don't make them anything like "Go out with me?" Or anything like that. No. Just....no. Thanks for reading! Love you guys, and I'll see you in the next chapter!!