The Last Time

Hi, I'm Peyton Heart. My mama's name is Angela Heart, and My Daddy's Name is William Heart. I'm turning 8 today so later my daddy's taking me out for ice cream, but don't tell him
I know about it.

You see I was born able to hear the thoughts​ of others or see what there thinking of completely. Nobody knows about this except for Mamma and daddy. My mamma said I shouldn't tell people because they might get surprised and get scared. Because they won't quite understand.

"Peyton!" said mamma "Peyton, your dad and I have a surprise for you!" I know what it is but I won't say anything because I don't want to ruin the surprise. So instead I say "Really what is it!?" "We're going out for ice cream" daddy finally says, "Yeah, and you can pick any kind you want, NO price limit!"

"Go get your jacket on ok, it'll be cold out today," said daddy.
I hurry into my room and throw on my jacket, and put my short shoulder length dirty blond hair up into a loose ponytail and run back into the living room. Mamma signals me to go to the front door with her. As we approach the door I am impatiently waiting for
For daddy to open it. As soon as he does I sprint towards the car and swing open the car door, and hope into the seat. Mamma and daddy get in the car and start the engine, and we head for Mikes Ice Cream Parlour.

I sit in the car listening to my favorite song and humming away to the toon of it. Then all of a sudden a car stops right in front of us. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs and so is mamma and Daddy. We drive right of the rail and off the cliff. At this point, I'm screaming so that loud only a dog could hear it. I look to the front to see mamma and daddy clinging to each other and screaming. Were hitting trees and rocks on the way down and when we hit the bottom everything is silent and the world around me turns black.

When I come back to my senses, I smell something burning and see liquid dripping off the ceiling. I get out of the car as soon as I can and I run over to the driver's window. As soon as i do that the whole car catches fire and I find myself trying to run back up the cliff. I can feel something running down the side of my face and it burns. I touch my face with my right hand and look at it. I'm bleeding really bad and I'm Crying while still trying to run up the cliff.

I hear sirens coming from up the hill and I can see an ambulance. Then I hear the sound of a helicopter and look up to see a flying ambulance. At that point, I give up trying to run up the hill and start to cry. I am not crying for myself but for my parents, just to think this is the last time I saw them...I didn't even get to say goodbye... The last time.