Where Are Your Parents?

As the day begins to fade and the night begins to grow I head into the kitchen to see what's for dinner. As I walk in only to see that Claude is sitting at the table. I walk up to him and say "...Why are you here?" "Oh hey Witchy" he said, "Don't call that!" I snickered at him. "Now don't be so rude to our guest," said grandma. "Why is he here in the first place?!?!" I said annoyed. "Because I invited him," said grandma "cant you just get along?" Your grandmother is right Peyton, you two could have more in conman then you think. "I highly doubt it" I snickered.

  Grandma put a tray of her "famous" Chicken Casserole, Mash potatoes, corn on the cob, and a big bowl of salad in the center of the big wooden table. After we said thanks, I took my spoon and scooped up a big blob of mashed potatoes, bent it back and aimed it straight at Claude's head. Once I let go of the top of the spoon, mashed potatoes flew across the room and landed *splat* on Claude's face. He Immediately stood straight up and said "for sure I would've thought that the witch would have used her telekinesis instead of getting her hands dirty!" I found that quite weird that he was mad due to the fact that in his head he was laughing quite a bit.

  "Peyton, What has gotten into you, apologize this instant young lady!" grandpa shouted, but I knew he wasn't going to punish me due to all I've been through lately, but he was still not pleased. I said  "why would I, he's not angry at me" "Peyton, does that look like happy to you?!?!?!?" grandpa said while pointing at Claude's mashed potato covered face."No, but he really isn't mad" I said with confidence in my voice. Grandma immediately rushed out of the room to grab Claude a towel all while thinking "she's gonna be a handful" obviously referring to me.

  As soon as I said that "Claude isn't mad" his facial expression changed from a mad one to a confused one. And at this, he said in his mind " Wait...How did she-" his thought was cut off be grandma saying "here, Use this to clean off your face, you look like a snowman. "Oh thanks, Mrs. H" Mrs. H as in Mrs. Heart, Heart is not her maiden name but What she changed her last name too when she married my grandpa. Also what my daddy's last name is, then my mother married my father and changed her last name to heart as well, and then my last name became heart as well.

  I must have been staring when I was thinking this because Claude Looked at me and said "You okay, witchy?" I just stood there and said "huh?" why does he care it's not like it's his concern whether I stare at him or not. Suddenly he walked straight up to me and said "may I ask where your parents are?" The room turned silent.I said  "why" in an emotionless way. Claude said "Well you see, there was a story on the radio last week, talking about a car crash with a little girl surviving and her parents passed away and now she will be living with her grandparents, and well I haven't seen you here before." "that's only because my grandparents visit me, I don't visit them" I said still emotionless.

  Claude said "Well, why visit them now" getting almost defensive. "Because I wanted to, that's why"I said getting more defensive than him. He said Okay,...You still didn't answer my question... Where are your parents?" he spoke with an extreme amount of anger and defense in his of voice. "JUST DROP IT OKAY!!!!!" I yelled at him with all I had. "Why, is it true than?!?!!?" he yelled back at me. I bolted up into my room, locked the door, kicked off my shoes and crawled underneath the covers. I hope I never see that Jerk ever again, and I began to cry, Realizing That I haven't even eaten at all today.

*Knock, knock*

  I heard knocking at the door, so instead of what a perfectly sane person would do, and just open the door and except someone trying to comfort me... I crawled out of the window and sat on top of the roof. It's really cold out here~ *brrr*...I should've brought my jacket. *click, click*... Wait, What was that..."Boo" "AHHHHHHHH", "Hey Witchy" Claude had snuck up from behind me and scared me. What the-...where did you come from... I locked my door behind me...YOU CRAWLED UP THE CHIMNEY ?!?!?!?!!?" "DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT!!!" he said. Well, that explains why he's covered in soot.

  We just stared at each other for a moment and bursted out into laughter. "Witchy...are you still mad at me?"Claude said with a sorry expression on his face as the moon lit up his face perfectly showing all his best features on his face. " I am...First You mock Me with an awful nickname then, you start yelling at me about my deceased parents and on top of that your thinking of me being your friend in your head!!!!!!... I mean-"...did I really just say that last part out loud. "wait... how did you know what I was thinking? You did the same thang when you throw that glob of mashed potatoes at my face."

  I just sat there in silence...should I tell him or should I not I'm confused. "Do you have like, superpowers or something?" I heard Claude say, bringing me back from my mind. "um...sorta" I said with my voice shaking, scared of what he might say because my parents told me not to tell, anyone, and deep down I was kinda hoping we could be friends but now I think I've ruined that from ever happening. "COOL!!!!!" He said as his face lit up in the moonlight, wich completely surprised me.

  "Wait..What?!!?!?!?" I said In a  Shocked tone of voice "How is that cool?" Claude just looked up at the stars and said "You are the coolest person I've ever met" he said with a smile spread wide across his face. He laid back and said " Hey, do you think we can be friends Witchy?" I laid back too and said "I don't have any friends" He looked at me and said "well, now you do" as he looked at me and grinned. I could feel tears running down my face as he said those words. We must've stayed up there for hours just gazing up at the stars, Until the darkness of the world fully consumed me, and I fell asleep lying next to him.

A/N: 

I'm ganna try to make all the chapters atleast 1,000 word from now on :P