Confession

Grandmother looked at Cal and me and said "you two better start talking right now!" I looked over at Cal and back at grandmother "Nah, I'm good." grandmother looked at us her eyes getting angrier "Peyton Elizabeth Heart" Cal spoke up "With all due respect-" he was cut off by grandmother"Claude Maximum Ross" Cal spoke up in fear "Yes Mame!" "both of you get in this house now!" Cal and I both dropped our bikes and headed inside, grandmother lead us into the living room and sat on the couch across from us.

 Grandmother said"Okay now Peyton explain to me why exactly you and Cal just disappeared and are coming back at this hour!" Cal said "Well you see I was at my father's house visiting" Then Grandmother looked at me and said"Okay, Peyton your excuse is?" Well, I'm definitely not telling her my real reason... so I brought out my acting skills. I looked down at my feet then back up at grandmother with a single tear running down my cheek and said"Grandmother do you remember the day  I moved in and I saw Cal, at that moment my world changed and he became very precious to me. It was like he became the only one that understood me, and when I heard he was going to his father's house I didn't want to lose him because you know how his father is ... I was scared I wanted to make sure he was okay so I went to him Grandmother I wanted to protect him*sniffle*"

Grandmother looked at us and said "Fine, I'll let you two off the hook this time now go upstairs I'll make dinner." Cal and I went upstairs into my room and I sat down in my rolling chair and rolled around the room. Cal said "Nice acting witchy" and winked at me. I said"oh that old thing, It was nothing, oh and by the way what is that important thing you were gonna tell me?" Cal stood up from my blue fluffy bean bag and walked over to me and said "Witchy, we have been Best Friends for you know forever, but the thing is you mean why more to me than just a friend, you know what I mean!"  I looked at Cal and Gave him a smile and said "Totally were like siblings!"

Cal gave a defeated face and I don't  know why and said"No witchy, I ... I love you... like a lover" WHAT?!!??!?!?!? Cal lo-lo-lo-lovvves me?!!?!? I looked at him and said "um, Cal .....Um, meeeee to?" WHAT AM I EVEN SAYING ?!?!!? Cal looked at me and began to tear up"Witchy, I know you're lying, I know that your only saying that because your confused, you've only ever thought of me as like a brother right?" I stood up from my chair with a friendly smile and hugged him"Cal, we are an unstoppable team of two, were infected with each other, just give me some time, I'll answer you in three days time, okay?"

I stepped away from him, so we were facing each other and said "Now then! sleepover?" He looked at me and said "Yeah, sleepover" with a faint smile on his face. We then crawled up out the window and onto the roof. Looking up at the moon I said So what's our plan about Amelia? Cal looked at me then at the moon and said "Well, mrs.kelly is bound to notice us not coming back and tell her son, and then there most likely going to find my unconscious father and Call the police" I looked at him and laid down and said "What do you think the police will do once they find Amelia ?" Cal said"They might just send her back to live with my mother and we can all be together, You, me, and Amelia like-" he stopped in the middle of his sentence. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him down so he was laid down too and I continued his sentence"Like a family, right" turning away from him and looking up at the sky

Cal looked at me and began to tear up again and said "just like a family" while still crying he gave a smile and closed his eyes. "There, there" I said while patting his head, minutes passed by turning into hours. I fell asleep looking up at the moon while Cal lie next to me. A warmness spread across my eyelids and muffled tunes of gracefully chirping birds filled my ears, as I open my eyes and make out a faint image of Cal sitting up beside me sipping on what I think is a cup of coffee. I sit up and rub my eyes and inhale the smell of the morning grass. Cal looks at me and says "Sleep well?"... I look at him and say "yeah you?" Cal says "just fine"

I crawl back down into my room to get ready for another day. I walk over to my dresser and reach into my draws I pull out a camouflage tank top and a pair of black basketball shorts and Change. When I'm done changing Cal crawls back into my room through the window with his half drinking cup of coffee and sets it down on my nightstand. He walks over to my dresser and grabs my hair brush, he walks over to me and makes me plop down at my desk facing my blue and gold framed mirror. he walks behind me and starts to brush out the tangles of my long, dyed pastel purple hair.

When he's done detangling my hair he takes a rubber band and puts my hair into a loose ponytail. Cal has been doing my hair every weekend morning for as long as I can remember. he looks into the mirror in front of me and says "Ready!" and I answer "Ready!" Cal steps back and I jump out of my chair grabbing my sneakers and bolting down the stairs as Cal follows. As We get down stairs Cal somehow passes me and we ended up racing each other to get out the front door. Cal passes grandfather And for a split-second, I could've sworn I saw Cal giving him the most demonic look I've ever seen but I just Decide to ignore it.

We ran out the door laughing as I put my sneakers on. We walked over to our bikes that were lying on the ground jumped on them and started pedaling back to Amelia.