Ch. 10: Survival of the First Day

3rd Person POV

After lunch had ended, the rest of the day went by rather smoothly. At one point, Chisa had everyone of the students take a pop quiz, which did not sit well with some of the class. The quiz was on many subjects, but (Y/N) flew right through it with ease. Even though he had never gone to a school before, Chisa was the one who taught him about academics as well as independence.

By the time everyone had finished their quiz, the next free period rolled around as well. Unfortunately, (Y/N) was the one who had to grade them, as required by a TA. As he looked through the quizzes, he noticed that some of his fellow students were struggling. As he continued to mark the papers, he came across his and proceeded to grade it. Unsurprising to himself, he got 97%.

'Guess Chisa's teachings paid off after all.' He thought with a smile.

He continued to grade the quizzes and stacked them in two piles. 'Students who need to study more' and 'Students who passed'. As he riffled through the papers to see if he missed anyone, he took notice of the ones that didn't do very well.

'Let's see...we got Hiyoko, Akane, Ibuki, Fuyuhiko, Kazuichi, and Gundham. These are the ones who need to study a little harder.' He thought to himself rather disappointed.

As he proceeded to check through the passed quizzes, he analyzed the ones who did rather well.

'Okay, now on this side we have Nagito, Sonia, Chiaki, Mikan, Peko, Mahiru, Teruteru, Nekomaru(surprisingly) and Ryota. Not bad.' He thought.

Once he finished he returned them to Chisa.

"Thank you BB! You're such a huge help." She happily stated with a smile as she ruffled (Y/N)'s hair.

"Um thanks?" He said awkwardly, trying to hide his light blush he had grew.

"I'll take a look at these right now." She said as she proceeded to leave the room, but not before turning around and looking at her little brother.

"You've got the run of the place till the end of the free period. I'm counting on you!" She said as she closed the door behind her, proceeding to leave.

(Y/N) simply shrugged his shoulders and walked back to his desk and reached inside his bag for something. When he grabbed what he wanted, he pulled out a book and proceeded to read it quietly at his desk.

As he continued to read, he felt his eyes getting heavier and heavier the more he prolonged this activity. Eventually, his head slowly made its way to the head of the desk as he proceeded to dream.

As (Y/N) continued to sleep and dream of total darkness, he felt a slight jolt, it wasn't too serious so he let it go. But as time moves on, the jolting became more severe and more frequent. He wanted to wake up, but his body wouldn't respond to his demands. At this point, he had to simply ride through the pain and bare with it. He then felt something shake his shoulder, causing him to wake up. His face was covered in sweat and his breathing was rather heavy.

"Hey..." a voice called out.

(Y/N) looked over and saw that it was Chiaki who had her hand on his shoulder.

"You okay? You don't look too good." She asked with mild concern.

"Yea yea I'm fine. Just a lingering side-effect of Phantom. Nothing to worry about." He said with a smile on his exhaust filled face.

Just then, the bell rang and Ms. Yukizome came back with new materials to teach.

"Alright then class, let's do this. Just one more period and we're done. FINAL STRETCH!" She cheered excitedly as she pumped her fist into the air.