Ch. 16: The Challenge

(Y/N)s POV

As a bright light entered my dark view, I slowly began opening my eyes, waiting to greet the new day. It's been a few days ever since Teruterus food put everyone into a lust crazy frenzy. I honestly think I had the worst of it since I wasn't affected. I still remember everything from when Chiaki almost forced herself on me, along with Mikan, Peko, Sonia, and Chisa, to when I coughed up loads of blood in front of everyone and passed out. I'm legitimately surprised no one remembered anything. Especially when Chisa got involved. It doesn't help that Hiyoko now knows about my problem, but now, I keep having these strange feelings in my mind and heart just thinking about it...most of all my stomach. She's my sister for Gods sake! No way in hell would I get involved in something like that. Even Chiaki, when she asked me out the other day, I still can't figure out why.

But putting that aside, I continued going through my usual routine every morning. And when it was time to get dressed, I desired to try the new school uniform I got the other day. I put it on, price by piece, and I had to say, it didn't look half bad. I nodded to myself I approval and grabbed everything I needed and began to leave my room. But the instant I reached for the doorknob, I remembered that I had to take my medicine. I opened the bottle and popped one of the tablets into my mouth and it began to resolve instantly. Once that was done with, I headed downstairs and left the dorm.

Now that I think about it, everything's been pretty normal lately. Wake up, go to school, hang with friends, go home and pray to whatever God would listen so that I don't die in my sleep cause of my heart stops. Guess that counts as normal for me now. The medicine that Seiko gave me definitely helps though, so that's a plus I suppose.

Even as I continued to trek onwards to school for the day, the thunder from the dark clouds didn't help relieve me of my stress. I stopped for a moment and looked up at the pitch dark clouds, I honestly think it might rain today.

"Oh well, whatever happens happens I guess." I said as I pressed on.

You know, it feels so weird doing this every morning. I mean, not in a bad way. Walking to school every morning let's me get a great view of the ocean in the neighborhood I'm currently staying in. But I do miss my bike, feeling the roar of that engine echo through the streets as I ride on the never ending road, feeling the wind pass me by. It's a great feeling. But I do miss my bike, I should ask Kazuichi about it next chance I get.

The more and more I thought about it, the sooner I realized I had arrived at school. It felt like my body was on autopilot throughout the whole walk. As I walked through the gates of the Hopes Peak Academy entrance, other students began to follow as well, mainly to go to their own classes I'm sure.

But the moment I stepped inside the building, something felt very off. No, off isn't the right word. Hostile is more fitting for what I was feeling. I felt so panicked I stopped in my tracks and looked around hastily, trying to find the source of that spine chilling aura.

After looking around a bit, I had found it. The off putting aura I sensed upon emerging the building. It was coming from some student. He looked about my age with dark blue middle length hair with dark yellow eyes. He didn't wear a school uniform unlike most of the students here. He wore strange clothes, a combination of attire that looked best suited for combat. More specifically, assassination.

He continued to stare at me with a blank expression on his face. He then began to walk slowly towards me, and as he did the off putting feeling from before turned into a feeling of pure hostility. Almost to the point of killing intent.

I readied myself for anything this guy had to throw at me. After everything I've been through, how could I not? Inch by inch, step by step he grew closer. Until he passed by me and proceeded to walk away entirely. But before doing so, he said this to me.