Did You Forget?

When I woke up the next day I felt better then I had since I went to camp. I rolled over so I was facing my door when my eyes wandered to my little clock on my bed side table. It read 10:50. I jumped out of bed and rushed to my closet. Throwing on the first semi-decent outfit I could find, I sprint to my bathroom. I take in my appearance while I wash my face. My hair looks good so I throw it up in a high ponytail after dragging my brush through it. I brush my teeth and shut the light out as I leave.

I grab my bag and run downstairs to see my dad sitting on the couch reading a paper?

"Dad. Why aren't you dressed for work?" I ask, walking over to him. He looks from his paper and cracks a smile.

"Sweetie. Did you forget what day it is?" He asks in a mocking tone. I fur my eyebrows trying to remember.

"It's Saturday isn't it." I ask, my face showing no emotion what so ever.

"Yup" My dad replies, popping the 'p'. I will myself not to face palm myself to the extreme. I drop my bag where I stand, turn with a sigh and head back upstairs. I head to the bathroom. Once there I take a nice and long shower. Once I'm out, I wrap my fluffy green towel around me and head into my room. I decide I am not leaving the house so I put on my yoga pants and a bandeau paired with a loose fitting shirt that is semi see through. I braid my hair to the side and secure it with an elastic band at the end.

 I make my way back downstairs and head straight to the kitchen. I walk into the pantry and grab a box of KD then shut the door behind me. I head over to the drawers containing the pots and pans. I open it and grab the right sized one, shutting the door with my hip. I put the box of pasta on the counter and turn the tap on, holding the pot under the steady stream of water.

Once the pot is full enough, I carry it over to the stove, placing it on the element on the bottom left one. Don't ask, I just always put the pot or pan I use on that one. I turn the element on and lean against the counter, checking my Facebook.

Once  I open the app I see I have five notifications. I tap on the little globe and scan over it. A few likes on my picture. A person tagged me in one. and a friend request? I click on the friend and it sends me to their page.

Kaleb Springs would like to be your friend. I click on his profile picture and it is of his back to the camera. He is in swimming shorts facing what I'm guessing is a lake? The sun is setting so it casts a bright warm glow, making him stand out. I click exit and click accept.

I click out of the app and pour my noodles in, making sure to take the packet of flavoring out first. Once the noodles are cooking I turn back to my phone. I put some music on my iPod and start singing. Just as I'm about to hit the high note in Let It Go, my phone starts playing its' ring tone. I turn and turn it on. It's a message from Facebook.

Kaleb Springs: Hey! It's me Kaleb from down the street. I'm just confirming our date tonight? I thought we could go and see Frozen before they take it out of the theater.... Message me back when you get this :-)

We had a date?

I didn't edit this chapter except spelling and it made me so happy

Edited March 28 2016