The year end

The next time I wake up I feel better. I notice Tally is sitting in a corner on her phone.

"UGhhhh" I groan, gaining her attention.

"About time you get up." She says with a huff while getting up and brushing the no-existent dirt off of her butt.

"How long was I asleep for?" I ask, rubbing my eyes with the heels of my hands.

"You slept for a good three hours after you ever so rudely ignored me." She says sticking her nose up in the air. I look over at here, one eye open looking at here. We stare at each other for a few seconds before laughing. She walks over and sits on the bed and flops down beside me. I sit up and pull the blankets up to my chin before looking at her.

"Go ahead. Ask all the questions you want." I say to her.

Soon I have answered question after question. I finally realize I'm hungry when I hear the grumbles coming from my stomach. It shocks me and Tally  so we just stare at it in shock for a few seconds. So me and her are just staring at my tummy when we relies what we are doing we just start laughing again.

It feels nice just to laugh and have a good time with her again. We haven't been able to since me and Jeremy broke up. We decide to get ready for the last day of our weekend. Once we are in our yoga pants and loose shirts we put our hair in high ponytails and head downstairs.

Once we get down there we wave to my dad and head straight for the food. We make some KD and sit down to eat it at the table. We scroll through Facebook on our phones while we eat and talk. I'm scrolling through my news feed when I get a notification. I click on it and what it says, stops my world.

Kaleb Sterling says he is in a relationship with you.

Would you like to add this to your life events?

I drop my fork and throw my phone at Tally. When she reads it she gives a little squeal. She looks up at me and gives it back to me. With a deep breath to calm the dragons in my stomach I press yes.

*****************************************************************************************************

The year passed by quickly after me and Kaleb got together. I made my way up to full captain on the cheer squad and started wearing my uniform like all the other girls around the school. Kaleb decided we should be the cliche couple so he tried out for football and made quarterback.

Jeremy started his own little group with his new friends and I brought a bunch of new people into my group of friends.  I also got first place in the local and national science fair.

I also lead the cheer leading squad to victory in every way possible. We got first at the national championship. My group of friends expanded quite well. There are kids from the Science club that I joined, some kids from musical theater. The production of Grease was a big hit with the people in the town.

And before we knew it, its the end of the year and we are getting our yearbooks signed, even though we are seeing each other next year.

I laugh with my friends when I see Jeremy looking at his yearbook. I tell my friends I'll be right back and walk over to him, my yearbook in hand. I smile when he looks up at me. 

"Will you sign my yearbook?" I ask him, holding it out to him. He nods his head, a toothy grin on his face. He hands it back to me.

"Will you sign mine?" He asks, holding his out.

"Of course!" I say, grabbing the pen and writing a quick message.

"So will I see you at camp this summer?" He asks. I'm about to reply when Lola come up behind him and jumps on his back.

"I can't wait to come to camp with you this summer Hun!" She says, planting a giant kiss on his cheek. I see Jeremy look at me, regret in his eyes.

"Nah I'm not this year. Probably never again ether. " I tell him before turning on my heel and walking back to my group of friends.

"Tally, Nate, I'm not coming back to camp this summer. Or ever." I tell them, ignoring the shock on their faces when I walk right past them.

Edited March 28 2016