Raina: Chapter 8

The grand hall where the feast was to be held had many tables that sat hundreds. It was mostly golden shades but splashes of red were thrown all over. A great open space was left open, Raina assumed for dancing or great performance.  Several lamps were light to create an ambience of relaxation.

Queen Allise sat to Odin’s left and Raina sat next to her mother.  Thor sat across from Allise and Loki sat across from Raina.  He would take quick looks at her.  She caught him one time and he smiled at her.  Her heartbeat hastened.  She grew hot under his gaze as he looked straight at her finally.  She saw Thor look at her and her face grew red.

“Look, my son, your bride is blushing at the mere sight of you,” Odin had drank enough alcohol to kill 50 grown men. 

Raina was annoyed instantly throughout the feast.  Many plates were brought out and she enjoyed tasting everything.  Every plate was garnished filled to the brim of meats, cheese, and fruits.  Raina could barely taste all the items on her plate before they brought out more and took her old plate away.  It never failed that she would sneak a peek at Loki, to see his grin while watching her indulging herself in the Asgardian feast.  Every move she made, his eyes were sure to follow.

Enjoying the view?

She cocked an eyebrow at him.  She used her power to hear his thoughts.

Raina…Raina…Raina.  When you are mine, I will teach you to not talk rudely to your husband.

She tried to look innocent as she could.  What will you do if I am disobedient, Loki Laufeyson?

His green eyes intensified.  His mouth parted open just a little, his breathing becoming harsher.

She had caught him off guard with her flirting.  But his next words sent shivers down her spine.

Whatever I please to do with my wife.

It was her turn to be surprised.  She couldn’t believe how much she wanted him.  Her body ached for him so much it hurt.  Every word and smile was a curse to her.  Finally, the feast was over and it was time for song and dance.  She had taken her eyes off Loki for a second and he was gone.  Her curiosity would have to wait as Thor offered her a dance.

“I see that you and my brother have grown acquainted with each other,” Thor said.

Raina was lost for words, “It is always best to know all your soon to be kinsfolks before marriage.”  She said the words robotically.  What else could she say, “Hey Thor I am bound to marry your brother and we were having a very private conversation during the feast.  Just thought you would want to know.”

Thor smiled, “Well, I think you are doing a splendid job.  Even after the little spat with father, you could charm the scales off a snake, princess.”

She laughed, “I doubt I am that charming.”  She realized what was different about this scene.  She was able to talk to Thor like herself and not as the Princess of Vanaheim.  She didn’t have to be formal or dull like she was around her mother and Odin.