Raina: Chapter 12

Mae smoothed Raina’s violet dress skirt out to get rid of the wrinkles.  Raina’s face was taunt and emotionless in the mirror.  She had not spoken a word since her mother’s presence earlier. 

“Raina?”  Mae sounded worried.

Raina forced a thin smile on her face, “I do not know what will come of me, Mae.”

Mae’ sad brown eyes searched Raina’s face for any conviction of life, “You said you had a plan for Thor.”

Raina’s brain chimed.  She instantly had a smile on her face, “I do have a plan!  Mae do you know where my spell book is?”

Mae, who was ecstatic that Raina had pulled out of her dark mood, responded with ease, “Of course.”  She rummaged around a suitcase to reveal a thick brown leather book that had been Raina’s grandmother’s old spell book.  She had passed it down to Raina before her death secretly, revealing that even she did not trust her own daughter with it.

“I need it.  Thor wishes to have Jane forever and I will be sure to give it to him as long as he gives our ‘engagement’ time,” Raina was unraveling a grand plan that would have the most wanted outcome for everyone…except Odin and Allise.

“Raina, your mother…”

“I know.  But I cannot let her dictate me.  It is my life, I should be the one to choose who I want to marry and when I want to marry them.”

“You love him, don’t you?”

Raina stopped turning the pages of the book and looked at Mae.

She was fixing Raina’s bed and Raina could not help but want to preserve that spot that Loki had been laying in.  How could he make her feel like this?  She did not know him, not enough to marry him on the spot, but she felt like she knew his soul.

“I…think I do love him.”

Mae saw the struggle in Raina and grabbed her hand to give it a squeeze, “You will make this work.  Your plan will be flawless.  I do have one question…How are you going to do it with Loki’s spell on you?”

Raina laughed, “Grandmother has an ancient spell that can momentarily halt a spell.  I will only have weeks to make my plan work.”

She continued to scatter through the pages until she finally stopped on a particular page.  A smile was on her face and Mae saw a spark in Raina like never before.

“Mae, we have to plan this out carefully.  Now..”