Raina: Chapter 34

Several weeks after the war, Raina traveled to Vanaheim with Mae, Argo, the Vanaheim army and some Asgardian soldier escorts.  Raina spent several weeks with Mae, coaching her about the politics and the etiquette of being the queen.  She promised Mae that she would find her mother someday and would visit often to see how things were going.  Many preparations were made for Mae’s coronation. Raina sent many directions as to what was needed and how things should be.  She tried to make everything go as smoothly as possible.  Loki would check in every hour to make sure she was okay and to tell her sweet beautiful things that made her smile.  Raina would be in Vanaheim for a week and it took everything in her not to head back to Asgard immediately to be with Loki.    

When the day of Mae’s coronation came, Raina was the one to announce the new Queen Mae of Vanaheim to the people.  Raina was frightened that the people would not be happy with a commoner turned queen, but the people rejoiced in having a queen that was once one of the people.  With a sigh of relief, Raina felt like the world was being lifted off her shoulders for once. 

When Raina returned to Asgard, she heard the news that Amora the Enchantress had fled Asgard after she heard about the former Vanaheim queen’s grueling death.  Heimdall had said she feared Raina more than anyone he knew and Amora usually never cowered to anyone.  Raina couldn’t be happier that Amora was finally giving up.  Loki looked more than relieved.  After what she did to him, he wanted nothing more than to squeeze every last drop of life from her body.

Raina performed the immortality spell on Jane upon her return.  It was a quick and painless ritual that Raina memorized and performed on Jane in a matter of minutes.

“I do not feel any different,” Jane commented after the ritual was over.

Raina laughed, “Immortality never does feel different.  You can still die from a physical wound, but as long as you are safe, you should live a very long life.” 

Loki wrapped an arm around her waist, “With the man of your dreams.” He stroked Raina’s cheek and kissed her sweetly.

Thor stood next to Jane and looked at her with adoration and her him.  They were going to continue dating for quite some time, seeing as how now they had enough time in the world to marry.  As for Loki and Raina, they didn’t want to waste another second.

“I cannot wait for your wedding!” Jane said to Raina and Loki.

Raina replied, “It is going to be quite beautiful, but I am more excited for the time after the wedding.  The time where I can finally share my life with the person I love most.”

The wedding of Loki Laufeyson and Raina of Vanaheim was indeed grand and far more beautiful than any in all the realms.  Odin called out all the stops for his son and daughter-in-law’s wedding.  Where most mortal weddings were simple, an Asgardian wedding was elaborate and lasted for days.  Raina’s dress was a beautiful gold long-sleeve gown with intricate beading and jewels.  Loki’s outfit consisted of his usually green, black but more gold than usual.  And the love between them was magnificent to everyone. 

Raina would catch a glimpse of the green tourmaline stone on her finger and smile.  Loki had searched high and low for the perfect stone to put in her ring while she was in Vanaheim and she loved it.  And once she caught Loki looking at it, like it was too good to be true.  But they were finally getting their happily ever after.  Raina only thought that it was unfortunate that Mae could not attend her wedding.  The royal court of Vanaheim needed her more than Raina did at that moment and she was sure that Mae would make up for it later. 

During the after party, which would last for days after the wedding, Loki whispered in Raina’s ear, “Odin wishes to see us, my dear.”  His face did not look angry, so it could not have been bad news.  Raina had told Loki that she still felt like her mother would come back any moment and take everything away from her.  Loki would soothe her and even sing a tune for her.  He had a lovely voice which surprised her most.  There were going to be a lot of surprises that they would discover about each other, but for now they would enjoy just being together.