Raina: Chapter 30

Loki saw the woman in black and remarked her beauty and passion.  She would make any God fall to his knees before her.  But she broke my heart…

Loki…

He could hear her.  The beautiful woman was talking to him inside his head.  He had the feeling that they had done this before.  But Amora was staring at him.  He could not look away from the princess.

Loki…

I can hear you.

The woman had a smile on her face but still held her gaze with the queen.  I love you, Loki Laufeyson.  I will always love you. 

Loki was feeling hazy.  Amora grabbed his hand in hers and squeezed, hard.  His attention was still fixed on the woman in black.  This woman made him feel something he had only felt for one person.

Raina…

His thoughts of Amora were lifting.  A woman of dark hair and green eyes were replacing Amora’s fairness.  His Raina.  His sleeping beauty Raina.  His queen Raina.  Raina looked at him with her emerald green eyes.  He felt his love for her.  The other half of him was finally awake and home.  The ache on his heart was lifted.

“I love you, Raina,” he blurted it out.

The queen gave him a fierce stare, “You!  You have ruined everything!”

Loki remembered what had happen.  Amora had used magic on him!  He ignored the queen.  When Amora tried to stop him, he pushed her aside.  Loki stood and came down to stand next to Raina.  He grabbed her hand and said, “I love you, Princess Raina of Vanaheim.  I wish to ask for your hand in marriage.”

Raina let a tear fall down her cheek before she whispered, “Yes.  I love you, Loki Laufeyson.  And I would have been waiting for a long time for you to say those words to me.”

Loki looked back at his father with a smile on his face, “Father, please, I ask for this one simple thing.  One simple act of love.  I love this woman.  I have been down a crazy and abstract road and I cannot imagine anyone else I would rather spend the rest of my days with then Raina.  So I ask you to bless this unity.  And if you do not well then we will find our own path away from both Asgard and Vanaheim.”

Odin stood and Loki was sure that Odin was going to throw them out or feed them to lions.  Or worse.

“I never thought I would have the honor to bless my adopted son’s marriage.  I am shocked and relieved that you have found someone that makes you feel whole.  You two remind me of my beautiful Frigga and myself,” Odin came down the stairs to put his hand on Loki’s shoulder, “She would be so proud of you…and I am proud of the man you are turning out to be.”

Loki had never heard Odin say anything like this to him before.  He was not only having a new relationship, but his old relationship with his father was reopening.  He was choked up and not because he hated Odin, but because he had a new respect for his father, “Thank you, Odinson.”

The queen gave a shrill scream, “ODINSON I WILL HAVE MY ARMY DESTROY ASGARD!”  A black smoke enveloped her and she had vanished.

At that moment, Loki did not care about Allise.  He was looking into Raina’s eyes and kissing her until he could barely breathe, “I have missed you.”

Raina laughed, “I thought of you every night I was on Midgard.”

Their moment of love had to wait though.

Thor asked, “Should we prepare the armies?”

Odin sighed, “We should prepare for war.  Get them all ready.  I will need every last soldier I can get especially if Allise releases her weapon on us.”

Raina laughed, “Allise doesn’t have her weapon anymore.”

Thor looked puzzled, “She is the most feared queen in all the worlds because she has a dark and powerful weapon.”

Loki knew her weapon, how Raina got her nickname.  He looked at his beloved with sadness, “She made you fight her battles.  You are the Dark Princess.  You turning your back on her was a vital blow to Vanaeheim.”

Raina replied, “Mother used my dark magic for her own good.  I know the general of the Vanaheim army very well.  He will listen to me if I can speak with him.”

Odin was curious, “Why would you need to speak with him?”

“I don’t want anyone to get hurt all because my mother did not get her pathetic way.  The general was dear friends with my father.  I am sure he would be upset to learn that the queen caused treason by killing the king,” Raina looked assured of herself.

“Well, I will get the army ready,” Thor said.

“I will come with you, brother.  It is my fight as well as yours,” Loki said as he gave Raina a light kiss on the lips and walked away with his brother.