End of the World

Fire burned the surrounding buildings, trees, grass, and even people. I knew that this fire was throughout the whole world, burning brightly, and fiercely. I was numb, like my body couldn't quite comprehend, but I knew. I knew. He did this, and I knew this was going to happen. I just sat back, and let it happen.

"Hello, Scarlet," a very... very familiar voice spat behind me.

I spun, gasping. I took a step back, terror gripping my heart. "Anti..."

He slowly approached me, walking through the fire. "Scarlet... It's so nice to see you. I just got done bleeding your little friend to death, Alice."

I had to stop. Alice... "YOU KILLED ALICE?!"

He laughed maniacally, steadily approaching. "Alice. Dark. Wilford. I killed them all, and now... Now there is only you. I saved you for last, you know. I thought that you'd like to see all of my hard work, Scar."

As he started to come a little close, I quickly backed up once more, my hands shut into tight fists at my sides. "How dare you..."

"All I wanted was for you to love me, Scar. But you didn't... You couldn't, it seemed... So... I just had to... Release all of that anger, and that frustration. And now, because of you, the world is now burning. Because of you, everyone is dead!" He darted forward, and I raised my hand, and hit him. My nails caught on his cheek, gouging deep gashes into his flesh. He pressed forward as if he didn't feel it. "You knew this was going to happen, didn't you...? You could've stopped me..."

My heart pounded, and my breath was shallow, watching as his eyes started to glow bright green. "Stop..."

"But you just watched!"

I shrieked, as his pupils became cat like, and he lunged. His glowing... green eyes were the last thing I saw, before red covered my vision.