Princes

The girl sat in the grass, her dark blue skirt layed out around her body, legs off to the side. She watched two boys in a court yard, absently creating daisy chains with the small, white flowers scattered around her. The boys were fighting, using small, wooden swords as they grunted, and clumsily danced around each other. The girl wasn't worried-this was practically an everyday occurance, with one boy either rising above the other, or drawing a tie. She preferred the ties, seeing as both boys fought over her. When they tied, they'd each then try their hardest to give her more attention than the other. She loved seeing them try to best the other, but she loved both of them equally.
   Finally, the boy with the red eyes smacked the other's sword from his hands, and kicked him down, almost falling himself. Just as the boy with brown hair was about to get up, the first placed a boot on his chest, forcing him down with a grin. "(Y/N) is mine this time, Mark," he said triumphantly.
   The boy on the ground-Mark-glared. "Get off me, Dark...!"
   Dark laughed, but stepped off him, striding towards the young girl. He bent down at the waist to face her, one hand behind his back, one hand out. "Miss?"
   She giggled, taking his cool, pale hand gently. He helped her up, red eyes narrowed in triumph. He was pleased with his victory, leaving his sword in the grass. (Y/N) held the two chains in one hand, careful not to crush them as Dark led her into the courtyard, Mark brushing his light brown trousers off. He looked away as they came into site, glaring at the stones that made up the ground in the yard.
   "Dark," (Y/N) said, pulling away from him and facing them both. "Since you beat Mark, you get the Crown of King," she connected one chain together, then leaned forward, placing the white flowers on his black hair. He grimaced, but didn't move to remove it, merely bowing to her. She turned to Mark, smiling. "And Mark. You get the Necklace of Knight, for fighting Dark," and just like the flower crown she leans forward. Wraps the chain around Mark's neck, then connects them together.
   Unlike Dark though, Mark smiled, inclining his head. "Thank you, Miss (Y/N). It would be an honor serving you."
   Dark growled, grabbing (Y/N)'s hand, and marching off towards the garden, leaving poor Mark to catch up. "Let's go see if any of the doves are ready to fly, (Y/N)," he said, referring to the cage of beautiful white doves that stands in the Northern corner of the garden.
   (Y/N) allowed Dark to drag her through the maze of the garden, smiling the whole time. She loved the cool feeling of his skin, how it felt smooth, like porcelain. She loved the way Mark's skin felt as well — soft, and warm. They were both comforting to her, and even if she tried to choose a favorite between the two brothers, she would be utterly lost. How could she truly pick a favorite? She's known Mark and Dark since she was born, but of course they would remember much better than she, being four years older than her.
   "(Y/N)?"
   Blinking, she glanced up at Dark, who was staring down at her, obviously confused. "I'm sorry?"
   "Hell," he chuckled, flashing her a grin at using that word at such a young age. "You really were daydreaming."
   She sighed, then looked around. "Where's Mark?"
   Dark rolled his eyes. "We don't need that sissy-boy, okay? I'm King today remember? I won, fair and square."
   (Y/N) hesitated, not wanting to upset Mark, but nodded. "Okay, Dark. Doves?"
   Dark grinned, and pulled (Y/N) along, away from the Northern corner. "Nope," he responded to her confused gaze. "Mark will think we're there, but that wasn't the plan. Come on, I found this cool little overhang a while ago. I thought you might like it."
   And so, (Y/N) let Dark drag her through the garden, taking many turns. Eventually, they got to a part of the garden that (Y/N) wasn't familiar with. She liked to stick around the central, and Northern corner of the garden, being too timid to explore like Mark and Dark liked to do. She was always worried that she'd get herself into some sort of trouble. Eventually, Dark slowed, took a right, then covered her eyes, smiling softly.
   "Okay," he murmured in her ear. "You're going to have to be really quiet. Okay?"
   She nodded, growing exceedingly confused. He moved behind her, and pushed her forward gently, hands still over her eyes. She held onto his hands for balance, wracking her brain for what possible reason there was for being quiet.
   "Stop."
   She stopped walking.
   "Cover your eyes."
   She did, replacing Dark's hands.
   He strode past her. "Alright. Open them."
   She dropped her hands, and gasped, taking a fearful step back. There, in a large overhang of vines, leaves, small, purple flowers, lay an orange tiger. Its tail flicked up and down, watching (Y/N) with beautiful blue eyes, head resting in its paws. It didn't wear a collar, or was restricted in any way. Dark stood beside it, one hand on the top of its head, and smiling.
   "He's cool, right? Father found him, and brought him here."
   (Y/N) clutched her hands to her chest, hesitating. "D-Dark...?"
   He clicked his tongue, and the tiger stood, and shook its fur. He trotted over to (Y/N), and she froze in fear. She's heard about tigers, and how they've hurt people, but this tiger rubbed its side against her, almost knocking her to the ground. She gasped, then spun to face him as he moved around her, and later on his side.
   Dark chuckled, coming up behind her. "His name is Seir. Go on. You can pet him."
   (Y/N) hesitated, but slowly crouched, reaching a hand out. Seir watched her with wise eyes, and bumped into her fingers, a small rumble coming from his throat. She smiled softly, and ran her fingers through his smooth coat, feeling the muscles in his shoulder.
   "He's-!"
   "There you are," Mark's voice huffed from the entrance. He strode over, stepping over Seir's tail to push Dark. "You tricked me!"
   Dark laughed. "You gotta learn to be smarter, Mark."
   He growled, but spun, crouching by (Y/N). "Your brother wants to see you, (Y/N)."
   She sighed, gave Seir one last pat, then stood. "Thank you, Dark, for showing me Seir."
   He smiled, then bowed. "Anytime, (Y/N)."
   Mark took (Y/N), and started to lead her out. "Dark is an idiot."
   She glanced at him, smiling slightly. "Oh? I think that was quite clever."
   His brown gaze hardened.
   "But you found us quick enough, so it must mean that you are clever as well."
   Mark blinked, and glanced down at her. A smile found its way to his face. "Yes," he murmured. "I guess so."