So Simple | So Normal

Scarlet

I remembered that I once asked Kate about what things were so romantic for her or what would she like to do for her partner, to show her love or respect. She gave me several answers, ranging from handcuffs to lingerie, from kissing the tip of nose after waking up to fucking like there is no tomorrow. Everything. But also some sweet stuff, not all wild, sweet for her was simplicity. And I agreed, I mean, sweetness isn't in everything because nowadays we like to do everything in a fancy way, like if we are staying at home, we have to make a waterfall braid hairstyle, and have contouring on, lipstick on point, branded stuff. I had grown up with all of that in front of me, these things, fancy stuff was always my so called family's first priority.

I never found it all sweet, simplicity is gone from our life, but while I was entering kitchen, I remembered Kate's words again. "I think for my partner, aside from all the kinks I've fantasized, I would like to do so much more with him, like, simple. Small things that have great impact."

While I was taking out the utensils, I smiled at her words, that entire conversation, "Are you guys preparing lunch?" I asked to a very young girl, probably younger than me, dressed in a Pierce Uniform having a Pierce's blue and white logo. Rich people! I sighed.

"No madam Pierce, we were.." she kept her eyes low, pointed to the other girl, cute redhead, not like total red, like mine...sort of auburn with a bit of blonde touch. "we were preparing though but just few minutes ago, Mrs Katerina Pierce came and asked us to stop the meal preparation as she has some meetings to attend so she'll have lunch and dinner there. She asked us to ask you about what you wanted so we were going to come to you, you didn't have to bother yourself. I am sorry."

"It's okay, Lara." I read her name tag, and then passed a smile to her, "Call me Scarlet, by the way, I wanted to cook something so I came here. So I guess, you both are, Lara and...Cara, wow, sisters?" I was surprised. A dusky brunette, with brown eyes, and a pale redhead with hazel eyes. Didn't really resemble.

"Cousins, just months difference so we have similar names." I smiled at Cara.

"Ah, nice. Well, I was saying that as I am here to cook, I won't need your services. So, you can go to your home." I passed by them as I dug down and opened the bottom cabinet to find anything that sort of interested me. While I was looking, I heard a response.

"Madam Pierce, what about Sir? Don't we have to cook for him." I chuckled and then turned to them, still crouched down.

"Nah, because that is what I'm doing, well, what do you usually prepare for him, is he on diet all the time? Any precautions about his food." I asked, Cara, the cute redhead sort of blushed, her freckled cheeks were bright and I wanted to ignore that but I guess, she was just thinking how love struck wife I was. I remembered Kate's words, "Cooking for your partner is also so attractive, sweet and simple. And just serving him with no fancy arrangements. But like simple arrangements. Giving it more natural look, though I don't mind anything fancy once in a while."

That Cara must have thought I was planning some grand dinner. Though Lara quickly answered, "I was about to prepare chicken wings and red chili sauce, and Cara was thinking of making mashed potatoes. We didn't decide about dessert though." What the actual fudge! He didn't love food, he lived food. Oh God! And what was with his obsession about chicken. I was literally frowning as his foodie nature was sort of irritating me.

"Precautions madam," she walked to the counter at the right side, and brought a thin file to me. "It has food profiles of this family, there have everything we have been told to refrain or to must do. So it can help you, and we are in the servant quarter, it is outside the mansion you must have not seen, if you need any help, this intercom will connect you to us. Cara and my code is 1010. So, I guess that is all."