The Another Beginning

He did switch on the lights, I could feel his heavy steps howling in that giant room, I still was stuffing myself on the couch with my eyes tightly closed and hoping that he wouldn't find me and I could stay there for some more time. But my sleeping acting didn't convince Caleb as he put his hand over my arm and shook me, saying, "Stop it, get up."

I, being so stubborn didn't. Thinking that if I would keep myself planted there like that, it was possible that he'd go. But who was I kidding? It was Caleb Pierce. You couldn't just trick him. "Scarlet, get up, I know you're not asleep."

I mumbled, keeping my head buried in that comfortable softness, "But I want to fall asleep. So I don't hear you yelling my name."

"I called you upstairs, why did you not come?" He asked, he seemed pissed off with his curt tone lacing his every word.

I chuckled, though it came out muffled idiotic sound, "Am I your servant?"

"I did not mean that." His tone had lost his heaviness immediately. He explained himself in a very light tone, thinking that I was offended, "I did not mean to dominate you but I needed you in our room while you just said to our servant that you didn't give a damn if I looked angry or like a damn unicorn. What the hell? Can we not argue in front of servants."

"Why did you need me in our room?" I didn't care what he explained, all I wanted to know why did he need me in our room. Him needing me and calling his room ours was a big shock to me as I sat up on the couch, looking up at him, his body posture was stiff, and his eyes were already on me. He changed into casuals. Grey shirt, black sweats. Hair were swiped to the left side, loose silky strands were shamelessly laying on his forehead.

I felt the crazy need to cut them or push them back. But before me, he himself pushed them back and ran his hand in his hair. He stared at me as if he was judging me. Why was I even surprised about that?

"Why were you going mad and calling me as if your life was dependent on me?" I asked, ignoring those strands, and the fact that he called his room ours, I just blankly continued to stare at him.

"Irene called," He spoke up, I didn't ignore that softness of voice that he immediately acquired at her name, I also didn't ignore how he looked away from me in a second at her name. It ignited a rare kind of tingle in my heart and I felt the need to hop off the couch and stand up in front of him with some noticeable space.

I heaved a sigh and folded my arms across my chest, crooked an eyebrow and asked, "Yes, so?"

"She called me because you didn't receive her call-"

"Are you angry that I didn't receive your ex- fiancé's call? My phone is always on vibration mode or silent mode, I must have didn't hear it." I huffed.

"Don't interrupt me ever again and conclude non-existent things. I got to know that you asked her about my food preferences, that made me angry, Scarlet. You could have called me? Look through the food profile? But yet you chose to ask her? Why would you do that out of all the other preferable options?" He looked pissed and took his steps towards me, I stepped back and extended my hand to stop him. He seemed angry, not pissed. With that familiar glare, with that merged annoyed eyebrows, with those pursed lips...he seemed so triggered.

"Firstly, Mr Pierce, I did not know about the food profiles and all. Secondly, my sister is someone you liked so why are you so pissed off? I just asked her, what is the big deal? Are you bitter that she left you so you are not going to have anything with her. I thought you married me for her and you understood her and blah blah-" He held my palm and pulled me to him, cutting me off with his other hand shutting my mouth.

"Me?" he questioned, "what about asking to me instead of your sister who is my ex, who is someone I liked but who is also someone I want to forget now. Your call to her for our matter is not helping that cause, Scarlet. I want her out of my life, once for all. I understood her, yes. I married you instead of making an issue about it for her, partial truth. Because even if it was not for her, I would have done it for my parents. Because I owe my parents a lot. So, can you not include in our matters. If you want to ask anything, ask me not her, she is not mine anymore. She is not related to me. Do you get it?" He was speaking continuously, without a break for breath and when he ended, his glare turned into a desperate stare. I could see how his infatuation for Irene was still there, hurting him. She was the first girl he liked, obviously it was going to be so hard to forget her but that fact hurt me a lot as well. I did not know why but it did.