Chapter 7

'So he's your little brother not your son?'

Trey let out a little smile 'what do I look that old to you?’

 ‘Well. No but now a days 13 years olds be getting pregnant’ she said emotionlessly

 ‘Well Yea I'm his guardian'

 'Where was you when this happened and is your little brother involved in any gangs or anything like that?'

 'Yea...well no well my brother just moved here a couple years back and I took him under my wing he just moved from the projects where he used to live with my parents I seriously tried to change him I thought I did...but I didn't I guess.. He told me earlier today he was back on the streets I guess he's been doing it for a while but I never noticed I've been so involved with work...and I was at the hospital my friend just got shot'

 'So you’re not a part of a gang?'

 'Nahh I'm not'

 'Okay...-' she got interrupted by one of the other police officers calling her she walked off with her big ass bum shaking back and forth. She smiled as the guy spoke to her and walked but up to me

 'Well I guess you will be happy or at least relieved to hear that there was two guys in this incident so there's a possibly that isn’t your brother?'

 'Really you can come and check.'

 'Okay right behind yaa ma'

 Davontae p.o.v

 'Hey son' he saw his dad walk out from the car with a wide smile he looked at his dad and noticed how he had aged from the last time he saw him

 'Hey dad' he said whilst hugging him 'mehnn you look old'

 'And my lil man look grown up'

 'Ahh well durr' his dad laughed whilst they walked back to the car

 'So you gonna tell me what happened?'

 'Well whaa had happened was...-' he explain in detail and he saw his dads hand grab onto the wheel harder

 'You could've died I told you to call me when you need me and didn't your brother make sure you was okay'

 'Dad he was busy I guess-'

 'That's it he thinks he's so great he didn't notice you could've been better off with me to care and look after you'

'Dad please don't make a big deal otta it I'm alright it’s just my nigga Reese I'm worried about. Dad I need to go home ASAP' he looked at his dad and saw him grab on to the wheel tighter and he noticed his dad stare at the upcoming road did his words really hurt his dad?

 'Dad Urrmm you kay?'

 'Yea son. So you’re not coming home to say hi to your mum and old friends or are you too good for us did that trey brain wash yo ass for you to forget where you come from'