★What if★

–~–~♥~-~-~-~-~♥~-~-~♥~-~-~♥~-~-~♥~-

»What if....«

~-~♥~-~-~♥~-~-~♥~-~-~♥~-~-~♥~-~-~♥~-

"I'm sorry that I won't be able to keep my promise. Please, keep smiling and laughing. I love you more than anything in this world. I love you––"

Suddenly, the devices started to make load and unforgettable noises and the doctors rushed over to him. "Wh-Whats wrong!?", I wanted to know. Why are they in panik? Did something go wrong? No one answered me. They just pushed me slowly out of the room.

There I was, standing in front of the door, clueless. It's not over yet.

It felt like a thousand of years I had to wait outside until a doctor came to explain me everything. But after he came, I couldnt tell if he was relieved or either trying to not show his pity.

"We could save him."

My heart beat faster. I could feel the tears building up in the corners of my eyes and started to bow and thank him.

"C-Can I see him?"

He nodded but told me Taehyung needs some  time to rest. "It was like a miracle", the doctor said.

I immediately made my way into the room just to see him restless lying on the bed, sweat and ruffled hair covering his forehead.

"Taehyung!"

I ran to him, closing him into my arms and burying my head into his chest. My tears ran down my cheeks, wetting his shirt.

"I almost lost you", I managed to say under all the crying. He laid his hand on my head and played with strains of my hair.

"Kookie", I looked up at him as I heard his voice slightly tired, "I told you I won't leave you." He placed a small peck on my forehead and I closed my eyes.

"I love you too, Taehyung."

––––»»»»»» Taehyung's condition got better as time passed. Just like the doctor said, it was a real miracle. It still lasted about six weeks for Taehyung to get completely healed again. Six weeks full of suffering and fighting, but it was worth it, because in the end Taehyung could keep his Promise and fullfil their dream together. «««««««««–––––

–_––_––•_–__–Time-Skip__––•––__–•_

"Ah, Taehyung! You just came in time, I just ended the lesson!", I smiled after I saw Taehyung entering the practice room where a few students were already leaving.

I immediately took my bag and jacket and made my way out with him without forgetting to lock the door.

"....How was your day?", Taehyung broke the silence between us while we were walking back to our fresh new bought apartment

"It went quite well, I guess. Everyone was so nice and they surely accepted me as their teacher even though I'm not that older than them. In fact, I'm mostly even younger.", I laughed and smiled brightly.

Taehyung didn't say anything, he looked in the opposite direction. I stopped and turned towards him.
"Is something?", I asked because he was behaving different from other days. He turned his head to me and took his hands out of his pockets. He stepped closer and leaned in a little.

Taehyung just stayed still a few inches from my face away, trying to show me his box-like smile, saying everything was fine. I raised an eyebrow while looking at him confused.

His smile was...different..

It was..

fake.

He slowly pulled me beside him  and continued to walk.

"Even though you are acting happy, you don't seem to be so. ", I whispered but he was still able to hear it.

He stopped and turned to me.

"Kookie."

I nodded.

He pulled me into a hug, causing me to bury my face into his collarbone. "You know that since we both started teaching, that we have different schedules, right? That means we will get to see each other less than before." I nodded.

"That's making me sad."

"TaeTae."

He nodded.

I slowly pulled back, grabbing both of his shoulders so we were looking into each others eyes.

"Dont be sad over something like this. Even if we get to  see each other less than before, it's not that someone of us will leave the other, right?"

Taehyung smiled and leaned closer so both of our foreheads were touching.
"Kookie-ah," He cleared his throat, "I really do love you."

I wanted to say something but he didn't give me even an opportunity to do so since he gently connected our lips. Feeling each other smiling into the kiss.

He definitely knows what I was going to answer. Something I would always tell him.

Because he is the only one who can make my heart beat so fast.

"I love you too, Taehyung, and I always will."