Chapter Two

Kane was in the front row, next to his brother. Other than the Luna and Violet's parents, they were the only Beta's in the front row. He swivelled in his chair to see behind him. He saw his parents in the row behind. His mother had been looking to the side, but she must have felt eyes on her as her gaze quickly pointed at her son and she sent him a smile. Kane smiled back. Grace, who was sitting next to their mother, noticed him too and sent him a toothy grin. He waved at his sister. The young girl decided that it was funny and laughed back.

"You're going to love what we set up," Heath whispered in his ear.

Kane faced the stage. "I'm sure, the real question is, will Adam and Violet?"

Heath laughed quietly. "Yes, you don't really think that we'd do something bad at their ceremony?"

Kane quirked an eyebrow. He looked over at Peyton, who was at the end of their row. Heath sighed, but there was a smile on his lips.

Kane heard murmurs around him. He turned and saw that Adam was walking down the aisle. Kane didn't miss the fact that all the people he was walking past in the last dozen rows all featured strikingly white hair. He didn't like that omegas were pushed to the back, even on days like this. They were just as much a part of the pack as everyone else. He didn't let his political instincts dwell on his thoughts much longer, and instead turned his eyes to Adam.

His best friend looked to be the happiest he'd ever seen him. Adam couldn't stop smiling as he walked quickly down the aisle, a spring in his step. He used his hand to push his brown hair back up off of his forehead as he reached the front row.

Kane was surprised when Adam stopped in front of him. "It's all been leading to this," Adam said softly.

"It has," Kane replied. Adam was a dreamer, he had been speaking of this day since they were children. "You deserve it."

Kane nodded. Adam motioned for him to stand up and so he did. Adam wrapped Kane in a quick hug before moving onto Heath. Kane sat back down.

"Happy for you, cousin," Heath said.

Adam smiled and nodded. He made his way down the row until he reached his parents. His father led their way up to the stage. Kane sat down and watched as their Alpha, Victor, stood in the centre of the stage, Adam to his side.

Instantly, silence fell over the entire pack. Victor stood tall in front of them. His dark suit was impeccable, the tightness of it revealing the muscular body underneath. Victor gave off a strength and composure that was uniquely and unquestionably Alpha. It was weaved into every word and action. You didn't question Victor, there was no room for doubt. Kane knew that one day, Adam would hold that same demeanour and every person here would hold the same respect for him that they did his father, if they didn't already.

Victor's eyes roamed over the silent crowd for a few minutes, until his gaze became fixed. He was looking along the aisle, and suddenly so was everyone else.

Kane gasped when he saw her. Violet was standing at the back, her hair down in lose curls, the sun causing the blonde to shine from her hair. As she walked, the train of her white dress flowed behind her. It was almost entirely lace than ran in intricate detail from her collarbones, down to the grass beneath her feet. Kane turned his eyes away from Violet, and towards Adam.

He was crying. Tears welled in his big, green eyes as he watched his mate making her way towards him. Kane wondered what Adam was feeling, what it was like to watch the love of your life walk towards you. The thought came into his head unannounced, and it was a strange feeling, to think that. He tried to turn off the voice in his head that told him that he wanted to meet his own mate. He fought it because the future seemed so uncertain for him, too far away and delicate to dream about.