Chapter Forty-Two - END

This is the final chapter! Thank you all for the immense support i have received during the two years I've dedicated to this book. I hope that you all enjoy the ending, and rest assured, it won't be the last time we see our boys. There will be details at the end of the chapter. Thank you again for your support!

As they passed the gates that led them into Burlington, Kane thought about how surreal it all was. This was more than what he had hoped to accomplish in their road trip. Albeit, Nora did almost die, but other than that, uh, slight hiccup, things had really fallen into place. He and Mason had been mates for almost a week, and he couldn't have been happier. He had never seen Nora so happy either. He glanced into the rear view mirror. She and Owen were in the back, talking quietly between them, their hands interlinked in her lap. Eve sat to their side, her eyes on the town. In the space of one road trip he'd found a mate, found his ex-mate a mate and made friends for life. Now, that was more than what he'd planned to find.

They had spent the last week with the Rosemont pack, Nora being introduced to her new family, while she and Owen got to know each other better. He was glad that the three of them decided to come back to Burlington with he and Mason for a few days. He always wanted Nora to think of this place as her second home as well, even if she was going to move to Rosemont permanently.

Kane turned the car off the main road. "We aren't heading for your house?" Mason queried from beside him.

"Adam wanted us to stop by his on the way home," Kane explained, his eyes on the road.

"I haven't met your Alpha yet," Eve said from the back. "Can we introduce ourselves?"

"Of course," Kane told her. "He will be happy to meet you guys."

"How are things between you two?" Nora asked before hesitantly adding, "after everything that happened."

"We talked on the phone a lot this week and we really sorted everything out. I think things will be a lot better from here on out."

They parked in Adam's driveway and made their way to the front door. Mason reached over and joined their hands as they walked. Kane knocked on the door. He wasn't surprised that it was Adam who opened the door, but what did surprise him was that it seemed like the whole town was standing behind him.

"Welcome home!" they all yelled out in unison.

Kane laughed, his eyes darting behind Adam at the different faces that stood behind him. "Is this a surprise party?"

"It's a welcome home party, didn't you hear your greeting?" Adam teased with a smirk. He reached over and encased both Kane and Mason in a hug. "I'm so happy for you guys!"

When Adam let go he ushered them inside and greeted Nora, Owen and Eve. Kane looked around the room and nothing could have pulled the smile off of his face. His friends and family stood before him. He squeezed Mason's hand. "Meet my mate everyone," he said, smirking across to Mason.

Mason laughed and waved shyly. "Pretty sure we've all met before," he murmured, "but thanks for the introduction."

Kane made his way around the party, introducing Owen and Eve to everyone. Mason's aunt came running over to them and showered them in hugs. After the introductions, he found his friends who had moved to the tables outside. Violet sat on Adam's lap, with Amelia and Tyler on the other side of the table. They smiled brightly as the five of them joined them at the table.

"How long do you two plan on staying?" Adam asked Eve and Owen. "You're welcome to stay as long as you want. Especially after all you've done for my main man over here," he nudged Kane who sat to his side.