09 | gone again

FIRST THING THAT CAME to mind the moment Kira found Emiline on the other side of the door, wearing a yellow top and faded blue jeans, was to hug her friend so tight

        "Em, what happened?" she asks as she lets her get inside her quite messy room, forgetting about Eleanor on the line and her parents that'd be coming looking for her at around seven in the evening.

        Emiline isn't saying anything. She just sits there at the foot of the bed staring at Kira with wide blue eyes that speaks an emotion of sadness.

        "Em," Kira says sensing the look on her best friend's face, "what happened? We were so worried about you."

        Emiline let out a bitter chuckle, "sure they are."

        Her voice is hoarse and lifeless, unlike the Emiline that she knows. It wasn't joyful and her eyes doesn't hold that spark, the shine that it usually has.

        "Are you alright?" Emiline asks Kira after a few heartbeats, "I'm sorry I left without saying anything."

        "I'm fine now," Kira says, almost tearing up, "I've finally seen you after almost seven months. It was such a relief. Are you going back now?"

        At this, Emiline lets out a long sigh and lets a few tears slip, "I'm not."

        "B-but why?" Kira asks, she somehow understands Emiline's hesitation but she still don't want to leave her behind, "Finals is next week. You haven't been in school for like the whole school year now, actually."

        "Just because," Emiline answers standing up. She hugs her friend one last time before heading out the door.

        Kira follows her immediately, beating her to the door, "Where are you going?"

        "Somewhere," Emiline shortly answers, "anywhere."

        Kira stops her from taking another step forward, outside of her room, away from her, turning her back once again from anything, "Emiline, why?"

        "Kirs," she says looking at her friend with ocean blue eyes that seems to be under a roaring storm, "my life is pretty much ruined now. It isn't the same anymore. Everything is just all messy and fucked up and I didn't even signed up for it! I'm-- I'm just done."

        A heavy silence follows and neither one of them are saying anything. They both know that it's true, that everything is ruined now. But that doesn't mean that they cannot at least try and piece it back together. It doesn't mean that they're just going to give up. In a few weeks, school will be officially over, and then there's that graduation ceremony, then they'll be able to leave Northern High forever.

       Kira strongly believes that high school dramas won't be forever.

        Sure whatever happened at that party that night ruined everything that Emiline and Kira had planned for throughout high school. They didn't successfully managed to be out of the spotlight because of that one stupid mistake. But soon, it's going to be old news. They just have to endure it.