14 | blank

"EMILINE STOP!" Kira shouts as she tries to keep up with Emiline's pace, "don't!"

Kira suddenly jolts up from her bed, the full October moon sending out a little light through the window, making little silhouettes inside the room. She checks on her bedside table clock to see the time, 3:14 a.m.

It had been three days since she was discharged from the hospital, and everything is still so vague and foggy inside her mind. She still remembers nothing, and the doctor says that it is a temporary amnesia, leaving her with no memories of what had happened for the past three months due to a traumatic event that might have occured that led her brain to block out all the memories from the past three months out of her mind.

They are all convinced that the traumatic event was her car accident, but Kira believes otherwise. If it had been because of that, then why did it erased the past three months? Not just the times between her car accident and up until she woke up?

As much as she doesn't want to let the thought cross her mind, she wonders if her temporary amnesia has something to do with Emiline.

Emiline.

Kira feels the need to see her now, to drive back a town away from Pristine and back to that small inn where Kira had last seen her friend. But that would be impossible with her situation right now, because aside from her not having a car anymore, it's obvious that her parents would be too cautious to let her out of their sight during these times.

Getting out of her bed, Kira quietly walked barefoot on the floor, outside her room, doing her best to not make any sound that might wake her parents up. She walk past the frames hanging on the wall, down the stairs and then to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water.

Once she's finished, she carefully made her way back upstairs, closing her room door lightly.

She opens her bedroom window, letting the cold night air enter her room. She shivers, but she didn't close it. Her mind is all focused onto trying to remember. But it's like trying to remember a piece of herself that never once existed. And it's the hard part about having that amnesia. It's like eating you alive with all those thoughts, all those questions that you're not sure there's gonna be an answer.

And Kira wishes that there is, thay miraculously one day -- much better if it would be tomorrow -- she'll wake up and she'll suddenly remember everything.

🔍🔍🔍

The next morning, Kira wakes up to heavy rain pouring outside and her father down the stairs watching a marathon of a show about dragons and iron thrones she couldn't remember exactly what it's called about.

"Kira," her father enthusiastically called her once he sees her passing by the living room. He has a bowl of popcorn -- in the freaking early morning -- on his side as he seems to be enjoying a scene where a girl change faces, "come on you should join me and your mom watching."

Kira looks around, "where's mom?"

Her father smiles, "she's at the kitchen getting us more popcorns."

She laughs a little, "seriously? Popcorns as your breakfast?"

Her mom emerged from the kitchen a few seconds later, holding a bowl full of popcorn which made Kira's stomach grumble because of the smell, "Good morning sweetie."

"Is there anything that I can eat other than that?"

🔍🔍🔍

Five hours later into binge watching, Kira's dad had left about five minutes ago to do some run in the grocery whilst her mom is heavily asleep on the couch. She couldn't quite believe how time had passed so quickly that it's already half past two in the afternoon.

Slowly, she stands up from the couch and went straight to the kitchen. Despite eating thai food that they had ordered for lunch, -- since both of her parents were two engrossed into watching a dragon spitting fire -- Kira still feels hungry.

Just as when she's about to open the refrigerator and scan through its contents, she suddenly felt a surge of pain rush through her head making her step backward and sit on the kitchen stool.

I don't know where I'm going anymore.

Come home, Em.

I wish it is that simple. I don't want to go back there.

She closes her eyes, heaving out a deep breath. Her head begins to ache as fragments of conversations starts to play inside her head. It's somehow familiar, like it really happened --- because maybe it really happen.

Where are you going?

She opens her eyes, then closes it again, her head is aching and she feels out of breath. A few seconds later, the aching had ceased a little and fragments of memory being revived is now gone again.

"What really happened?" she asks under her breath, "why can't I remember a thing?"

"Kira sweetie?" her mom's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Her mom looks worried, and Kira didn't want to make her worry wven further that's why she immediately put on a smile.

"I was just looking for something to eat," she says which is actually the truth, "dad went out."

"You sure you're okay? I heard noises," her mom says walking near her. Kira just nods grabbing a yogurt from the refrigerator, "I'm fine mom. I'm just gonna go upstairs."

🔍🔍🔍

Is anyone still reading this?

Have a greeattt day guyss xx

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan