Chapter 1 - The Monday awakening

Where am I? How did I get here? What happened in the last 24 hours?

You're probably asking yourself What the hell is happening? Let me clear things out a bit for you. My name is Matt. I'm 19 years old. This, is the story of the last week of my life.

Monday, 12 of August 2019, Brno, Czech Republic

I wake up at my dorm room. The room is nothing else than empty boxes from Chinese food and broken computer parts. Let's just say, that I'm not the cleanest guy in the world. Shortly after waking up, I hear somebody knocking on my door. „Come in!" „Hey Matt, wake up!" That's Filip. One of my best friends and also a really good programmer. „Hey, how are you doing?" I asked. „Pretty good, actually. And you?" I stayed silent for the next 2 minutes or so. Yeah, I have problems with social interactions. „Mate, are you there? Planet Earth is calling Matt!" „Oh, yeah, sorry about that. Something is happening. I don't know what. I don't know exactly where, but it is near."

As you can see, I'm pretty freakin' weird. Not only that, I'm not the best student either. Want a car? Hit me up. Want Morphine? Hit me up. Want to change your grades? Hit me up.

Filip left. Leaving me by myself. I stay in bed for the rest of the day.

At night, I went to the city centre. Everything is connected to everything. A year went past since the last time I visited the city. It's. Different now. Modern, futuristic. Vulnerable. People have 2nd lifes on Social media. Facebook. Instagram. Twitter. There are neons everywhere. Cars are hovering, but people? Still taking freakin' selfies 24/7.

I wanted to visit a specific part of the city. The St. Jacobs church. People are walking by it every day. Still without the knowing, that there's the centre of the Mafia, drug dealers and hackers beneath it.

I walk through the front doors, showing my entry pass to the camera. After entering, the floor unfolds and I enter the underground, or as we call it, The Grid.