Chapter 6 - New Hope

Friday, 16 of August 2019, Chicago, Illinois, USA
We arrived in Chicago at 7am. It was a pretty long flight, but nothing we couldn't get over. Since there wasn't anything else to do before landing, we discussed about our equipment. We had to leave our guns in Brno, since we didn't want attention.

After getting everybody through Passport control, it was time to head to South Garden.

„Everybody got their stuff?" I asked. „Yup, let's go." Filip said. Once we walked out the door, there were 3 matte black Teslas. They might be abit old, but their acceleration is still great. Suddenly, their windows started rolling down. I knew what was happening.

„Find some cover!" I knew it. The Teslas had stopwatches spayed on them. And who has stopwatches in their logo? TLI. Somehow, they got here first. And we weren't able to defend ourselves.

The airport security ran out and started shooting. Their aiming was all over the place. They all got shot in seconds after they ran through the door. The security didn't help alot at a first glance, but look at it from a different perspective. They pretty much "gave" us weapons. One guy got shot near me. I quickly took his gun and ran to the other guy. Now I had a gun for myslef and for Jess. We had a chance of survival now.

Shots were hitting the pillons that we were standing behind. I tossed the gun to Jess: „CATCH!" After a very exhausting gunfight, we managed to flee the airport and get to South Garden.

Once we made sure that nobody was chasing us, we took a break. „That was close. Closer than I like." Filip said. „Atleast we managed to escape without getting shot Filip, that's a positive" Jess answered.

We entered South Garden. We didn't see anybody. Our legs were in pain after running away from TLI at the airport, so we sat on a bench and waited. We waited 5 minutes. 10 minutes. Nobody was coming. Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice behind me.

„Hey Matt." It said... „Is it really you? Twyla?"