thirty

« so we lie here in the dark
all the wrong things on fire
in sickness and in health
to be with you, just to be with you

in your wedding dress
to have and to hold
cause even at my best
i wanna let go »

wedding dress by matt nathanson

-

it's 10am and flora and the girls have been awake for a while. her makeup was done to perfection with her classic winged eyeliner and plum colored eyeshadow. her hair was in it's natural curly state and her veil was securely on her head. her dress was very simple and elegant. it was more of a cream color and it had a deep v down the center. at her waist there was a delicate light pink bow and the sashes flowed down the rest of the dress.

she had just gotten her dress on when august knocked on the door. as soon as she opened the door august burst into tears. flora ran over to her and wiped her eyes, careful not to ruin her makeup.

"aug, what's wrong?"

she sniffled, "you look so beautiful in your dress, i just can't believe my best friend is getting married." flora grabbed her by the shoulders and hugged her tight.

"i love you so much august lane, i'm so glad you're my best friend." they both wiped their eyes.

"okay flo, are you ready for this?"

flora laughed, "as ready as i'll ever be." they locked hands and walked out to everyone else.

-

all the bridesmaids and groomsmen had already walked out. flora was standing behind the doors when she heard her cue. the doors opened and everyone stood up. flora and her dad walked down the aisle. she looked up and saw tyler with tears in his eyes. their parents were sitting in the front row along with their siblings.

they got to the front and her dad gave her a kiss on the cheek then sat down. flora is now standing in front of tyler holding his hands while the minister tells them what to say.

they finish their vows, which has everyone in the room crying, and they slip their rings on each other's fingers.

"okay tyler, i know how long you've waited for this, so, tyler, you may now kiss the bride!"

they couple smiles and tyler grabs her face and kisses her passionately. everyone is clapping and tears are still streaming down flora's face.

he kisses her head and then they both turn around and walk back down the aisle together.

-

floraposey: best day of my life 💗

tagged: tylerposey

50.9m likes

all comments have been disabled for this post.

-

everyone went straight to the reception after the ceremony. the dj introduced the couple as 'mr. and mrs. posey'

they had their first dance to enchanted by taylor swift. they ate dinner and finished it off with smashing cake in each other's faces.

after everyone had eaten, the real party started. they cranked the music up and everyone was on the dance floor. they played everything from state champs, tylers favorite band, to madonna. everyone was having an amazing time.

after many drinks later, everyone was starting to go home. tyler and flora had to go straight from the wedding to the airport because they're going to tour europe for two weeks.

flora was sitting on the bench outside on the church in her wedding dress just staring at her ring in awe. tyler sits down beside her.

"whatcha thinkin about?" he puts his arm around her.

"you." she laughs. "i just want you to know how happy i am. you make me happy. i love you." she grabbed his hand.

"i love you too, bug. forever and always." he took his jacket off and wrapped her shivering body in it.

she suddenly stood up and grabbed tyler's hand, pulling him up to. "dance with me."

"there's no music."

"then we'll make our own." she smiled and started singing.

"hold me, hold me
never let me go until you've told me, told me" she sang.

tyler laughed as they danced in the abandoned street.

"what i want to know
and just hold me, hold me
make me tell you i'm in love with you" he sang back.

he head was on his chest and they danced. she leaned up and kissed him. he twirled her around.

as soon as she turned back around all she could see was bright lights coming toward them really fast.

"tyler!" she yelled and pushed him out of the way. tyler fell down just as the car his flora head on.

-

y'all asked for it...