CHAPTER 1

KAPOOR HOUSE
Meher's room, where her mother is trying to wake her up.

"Miku.. Miku get up beta. Its already 7 am.You will be late for office." said Mrs. Naina Kapoor, Meher's mother.

"Ummm.. 5 minutes more mum."  Meher murmured snuggling into her bed.

"You have been saying  that for the past half hour. I am not going to wake you up anymore. I have other things to do as well. Look at your friends do  they also so the same? No one's mother wakes them up. For god's sake you are 26. Have some responsibility." Naina huffed.

"Mummmmm, I slept late." Meher mumbled with her eyes still closed.

"So?? Is it my mistake? You keep using your phone till 2 am in the night and I have to deal with your tantrums in the morning. Agg la deni aa main tere phone nu (I am going to burn off your phone) "Naina said irritatingly.

Realising Naina's irritation Meher got up and hugged Naina,  who was sitting on Meher's bed, kissing  Naina's cheek.

"Mum, I wasn't awake till 2 am and I didn't slept late because I was using phone. I was using my phone because  I couldn't sleep." Meher said pouting.

"Same thing. By the way what do you do in your phone so late? Who were you talking to? " Naina asked while flicking her brows.

" Ma,for the hundredth time, I wasn't  talking to anyone. I was just using Instagram" Meher rolled her eyes 🙄🙄

"Whatever" Naina said  blankly as if thinking about something.

" What happened Ma? Why are you so anxious  today"

"Who me? No!!!" Naina replied trying to avoid Meher's gaze.

Meher got up from bed and came in front of Naina and sat on ground While Naina was still sitting  on  Meher's bed.

"Mum??What is it??? "

" Nothing.Go get ready . You are getting  late. "

" No I won't.First tell me whats going on?? " Meher tried  to make Naina talk

" Umm.. You know how I talked to your Masi (Maternal Aunt)  about your marriage"

"Mummmm" Meher grunted.

"What mum.Dont you Mum me. Dont start over again. Its the right time for marriage. And no you are not too young. "

" Urghh.. Ok just come to the point and please dont tell me you already fixed my marriage  and its tomorrow 🙄"With this Meher rolled her eyes.

" No its not fixed yet, but  a family might be visiting  today to see you"

"What??? Today?? And you are telling me this now?? " Meher asked surprised

" I know its a short notice, but the family is really good and ur masi knows them. The boy's mother is her friend. "

"But I dont wanna get married. Not for now atleast" said Meher with a frown and closing her eyes.

"Look at me Miku". Meher opens her eyes and looks at her mother, still with a frown between her brows.

"You are old enough to get married. Even your friends  are getting  married. They are happy. You  seem to be happy for them.If this weren't good for them, then why would they be happy plus you would have been worried  for them. Then what is thats bothering  you? Is there someone you like? " Naina looked at Meher calmly waiting for an answer

Meher looks at her mother blankly." I dont know mum, I just feel this isn't  the right time for me.  I mean I dont feel ready to get married."Suddenly  her expressions changed and she looked at her mother with a frown "and no Ma I don't have a boyfriend  and thats because I have been told all of my life by all of my relatives that I shouldn't  have any relationships before marriage"