CHAPTER 18

WILLS HOSPITAL

"Hello, Hanji Mumma? (yes, mother?)"Parmish answered his phone.

"Beta, How are you all.I called Meher twice, but she was not picking up the call, so I called you. Is she with you? Its Saturday so she must be having the day off. ", came his mother's concerned voice.

"Yeah.. Mumma everything is fine.. She.. " Parmish was interrupted by the nurse,"Sir, Doctor Shalini wants to talk to you, she is waiting in her office. "

Parmish simply nodded and returned to the call," Mumma.. ", only to be interrupted again, by his mother this time,"Doctor??? Are you at a hospital? What happened? Who needs a doctor? You never tell me anything. Earlier Meher used to tell me everything, but nowadays, even she doesn't talk that much. What is going on??? "

Neither Parmish nor Meher had told anyone about that unfateful event. For the past month, they have been talking to their family separately. Sometimes saying Parmish is working and Meher is at home and vice versa, the others.

" Mumma.. You are going to be a grandma. " Parmish finally blurted out. Though he was worried for Meher, he couldn't hide his excitement for the baby, when he talked to his mother.

" What!!!! This is so great. I can not tell you how happy I am. Jyonde rho mere bachho.. Meher kithe meri gall kra (Have a long life, my children . Where is Meher, I want to talk to her", His mother chirped.

"Mumma.. She.. " Parmish paused unsure of discussing Meher's health to his mother or not.

"Where is she Paru?" his mother repeated.

"Mumma, she is sleeping. She was not well so I brought her to the hospital and here I got to know that she is pregnant and since she is weak, they admitted her. She is sleeping now. ", Parmish blurted out, all in one go.

" What? What do you mean she is weak? Don't you take care of her? I am coming there." his mother announced.

"No Mumma, there is no need. " Parmish replied.

" I am not going to listen anything. You are so irresponsible towards her. I am coming there and it's final. " his mother ordered.

" Ok!! Ok!! But please don't tell Meher's mum till Meher gets a discharge or she'll be worried, just like you. " Parmish requested.

" Ok!! But I will give her this good news myself. Ok bye. I have to inform your dad and pack our bags. ", his mother assured and ended the call.

Parmish sighed and got up heading towards the doctor's. The doctor briefed him on some things to be taken care of, while pregnancy and informed that once Meher gets up she will be shifted to a private ward and kept under observation for two days.

-------------------------------------------
WILLS HOSPITAL, ICU

Nurse informed Parmish that Meher is awake.

Parmish entered ICU and looked at Meher who was busy admiring the ceiling.

"Hey... "Parmish said breaking her trance.

Meher looked at him but didn't respond.

" How are you now? " Parmish asked smiling.

"Better" Meher mumbled.

Parmish moved his hands to her stomach, widening his smile. Meher who was looking at the ceiling again, shot her head towards Parmish. She immediately closed her eyes in realization that doctor must have told him about the baby uptil now.

"You know you have gifted me the most precious thing in the world. " Parmish giggled.

Meher just nodded and passed a meek smile.

Parmish took her hand in his.
" Miku..I.. I know I cannot undo what happened, but I am genuinely apologizing. Please forgive me. Please come back home... For me, for us?"

Meher nodded again, her eyes brimming with tears. Parmish hugs her, while she doesn't respond. Parmish moved back and looked at her with a questioning look.

"I have forgiven you Parmish but I haven't forgotten it, though I am trying my best. I will come back with you.. but.. its just that I need some space " Meher said in a low voice.

Parmish nodded and smiled.

" Uh.. Mumma called, I told her about the baby and she knows you are in hospital. She is coming tomorrow. " Parmish informed.

" Oh God!! She must be worried. Why did you tell her I am in hospital. " Meher frowned.

" She wanted to talk to you and I just couldn't think of anything so.. Don't worry about all that now.Just take some rest. " Parmish calmed her down.

----------------------------------------------
PARMISH'S HOUSE

Meher was discharged from hospital after two days and was on complete bed rest until she regains her health. Parmish's mother was staying with them for a while so that Meher could be taken care of.

Meher was resting in her room when Sukhan knocked on the door,"Bhabi dinner is ready. Mumma is calling you."

"Yeah,I'll come. ", Meher replied.

Meher got and washed her face to freshen up. Even though she was resting all day, she felt dizzy due to weakness and medication.

Meher reached the table. She served herself food, but didn't feel hungry. The food made her nauseous. Parmish came and sat on the chair next to Meher. He too served himself and started eating.

Meher looked at his plate and mumbled, " I want to eat that."

Everyone looked at her, shocked.

"Jaan.. Uhmm.. Miku, this is.. ", Parmish began but was interupted by Meher, "I know this is non-vegetarian, and I have never eaten it before, but I want to eat it, everything else is making me nauseous. I'll eat whatever it is, just please don't tell me what it is."

Parmish and Sukhan were still looking at Meher, amazed, while Parmish's mother just chuckled,"So now we know that baby is taking up after Paru". Parmish grinned at her comment and patted his own back. While Meher just exchanged her plate with Parmish's and started having dinner.

-------------------------------------------

A/N:

Dear Readers,
I know this chapter is not good, but I'll try to compensate in the next one.
Thanks for your support. Please vote/share/comment on the story if you like it. It means a lot.

I never thought anyone would read this story. But I am glad with the response this story is receiving. Thanks for giving this story a chance.
Love❤️❤️