CHAPTER 15

MEHER'S OFFICE

Meher was working in her cabin when she heard a knock.

"Come in" Meher responded blankly. without looking up.

"Hey.. " Parmish chirped.

This made Meher look up from her work towards Parmish.

" Helooo

" Helooo.." Meher responded lingering the formation of 'o' on her lips, clearly annoyed by the disturbance, "How can I help you today?"

"I need you" Parmish said looking into her eyes.

"What???!! " Meher asked widening her eyes.

Parmish shook his head realizing what he just blurted out," Um.. I mean I need... your....cabin. For the shoot. "

"Why do you want mine? You can take any other. " Meher replied, shifting her gaze back to the laptop.

"Why NOT yours?" Parmish inquired.

"Well.. there are many reasons" Meher pursed her lips.

"Like??" Parmish asked raising his brows.

Suddenly a feeling déjà vu hit her. Their first meeting. The day he came to see her with his family. They had a similar conversation, only that, it was about her and not a cabin.

Parmish cleared his throat bringing Meher out of her thoughts.

"There are many free cabins whose occupants are on leave and won't be coming back before shutdown ends. So take one of those." Meher responded.

"Well since they are not here, I can not use their cabin without permission and besides, I like yours, it has a nice view. " Parmish said gesturing towards Meher.

"This is ridiculous. Where will I work" Meher huffed.

"I can go talk to Arjun about that and I'm sure he won't mind since we are already on first name basis and he is looking forward for future endeavors with me. But he might not be very happy with you, since he already told you to help me with my requirements" Parmish smirked.

"Arrrggghhh... Fine. Whatever. " Meher got up from her seat, closing the lid of her laptop.

" You can still work here. We'll be using just 3/4th of the space and you can use the rest 1/4th for your work,if that helps " Parmish replied.

"Thanks for this generosity. " Meher fake smiled, which didn't go unnoticed by Parmish.

"You look prettier when you smile genuinely. " Parmish flirted.

Meher just rolled her eyes, "Just set up whatever you want to set up in this room and inform me when done so I can resume my work."

She opened the door to leave but Parmish held her arm. She didn't turn, neither did she try to get out of his grip.