Chapter One-An Undying Love

Sorry if this isn't very good. It's my first story. Hopefully they will get better as I go along. I also have to say a few standard things first. I do not own Wings of Fire. These characters are not mine except for my OCs (obviously). Blah, blah, blah I'm sure you get the point.

I woke up to the sunlight drifting through the leaf windows of my hut. Excited I got up and ran outside to find Deathbringer. I didn't have to search for long though, because I ran into him just as I stepped outside. I stepped back trying (and not succeeding) to fight the pink growing on my scales. "Do you ever sleep?" I asked him finally getting my scales under control.

"I need to protect you Grumpypants." Deathbringer replied giving me the smug smile that I had fallen in love with. I snorted as my scales once again turned pink. This time I just gave up trying to control them altogether. He knew that I liked him so what was the point?

"Come on." I said spreading my wings out. "We have to leave now if we want to get to Jade Mountain by noon. With that I took off into the sky with Deathbringer behind me.

After flying for what seemed like an eternity Deathbringer pulled ahead of me and started to decent into the rain forest below. Curious, I followed him. We came to a stop on a tree branch high above the ground.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned looking at him like he was crazy. "Last time I checked this was the rain forest not Jade Mountain."

"I wanted to make sure that no one was following us." Deathbringer explained giving another one of his smug smiles. I just rolled my eyes at him as I put my head on his shoulder. I felt his wings wrap around me. I looked up at him, blushing, and we kissed. When we finally pulled apart I heard him whisper "Believe it or not your safety matters to me. You are my entire world Glory. I don't know what I would do without you.". I turned even more pink.

When Deathbringer was completely sure that no one was following us we took off into the sky, resuming our journey to Jade Mountain and my friends.

Please comment down below about what you thought. Also make sure to tell me if you want me do another ship. Glorybringer is by far my favorite ship though. I am basically obsessed with them so don't even bother asking me to pair one of them with someone else.