Chapter Nine-Trap

"Ta-da!" Sunny announced showing me the "trap" they had set up. In the middle of the floor a net lay, which Riptide was currently covering with leaves as Peril observed from a safe distance.

"Please don't tell me this is your all powerful-amazing-sure to catch a Skywing-trap? I asked, afraid of what the answer was.

"Yah. It is. What's wrong with it?" Tsunami asked defensively.

Before I could open my mouth Deathbringer suddenly jumped in. "For starters it's flammable. Also isn't a pile of leaves is completely obvious?"

"Why should we listen to you?" Tsunami snapped back.

"I'm an assassin/bodyguard." He replied coolly. "If anyone can catch that Skywing it's me."

"While you didn't catch him the first time." Peril chimed in, clearly trying to help Tsunami out. Everyone else shot her a look as she flinched, realizing what she had said. Poor Peril, still trying to get the other Dragonets of Destiny to like her. Personally I didn't mind her that much. I mean my mate was the person who tried to kill Blaze and me.

"It's fine." I reassured them quickly. "Does anyone have any ideas for a trap?"

"What if we put the net on the ceiling?" Riptide asked.

I sighed as I tried to remind myself that Riptide was just trying to help. "We have a few ideas." Starflight said, gesturing to him and Fatespeaker.

"Me too!" Sunny exclaimed.

"I have a few of my own." Deathbringer said slowly.

"Perfect!" I said, a smile on my face. "You guys can all work on a trap. Tsunami and Riptide can check by the river, Clay and Peril can check the mountains, and I'll check the sky." I finished. Everyone nodded in agreement and we went our separate ways. I began my walk back to the entrance hall.

I hope you guys liked it. I will try to update as much as possible, but I am really busy lately. Please let me know what you guys think.