Chapter Seven-Assassin

I stared out of the window watching the Sun slowly set over the trees, casting a shadow across the village. I didn't pay attention though as I thought about the past week. We still hadn't found out who the assassin was, or why they did it. I hadn't slept much the past week either. I was too busy worrying about Darkshadow.

My thoughts were interrupted by Deathbringer as he came crashing through the door. "Glory we have a lead." He panted, trying to catch his breath.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"You aren't going to believe this, but a Rainwing came up to us earlier and said that they saw someone who might have done it." He took a deep breath before continuing. "They said that they saw a Skywing heading towards the pavilion." Deathbringer waited for the information to sink in before saying anything else. "Do you know anyone who would have done this?"

Worry slowly crept over me again as the answer dawned on me. "The dragons who supported Scarlet." I said slowly, not wanting to believe it.

"Why did they attack you then?" Deathbringer asked.

"I was the one who melted Scarlet's face." I replied. Suddenly a terrible thought came over me. "That means that my friends are in danger too! I have to warn them!"

"I'll send a messenger out immediately." Deathbringer told me, right before rushing out.

I quickly started going through all of the possible suspects. My only thought was hoping that the messenger would get there in time.

That was a major plot twist! Thank you for all of your positive comments. It really means a lot to me.