Chapter Seventeen-The Letter

I unrolled the scroll, but before I could read it I took a few shaky breathes in a fruitless attempt to calm my racing heart.

"I just received a letter from Dark Shadow. He said that all is well at Jade Mountain and Raindew hasn't done anything stupid yet." The male's voice trailed off behind me as the he walked in. "What's wrong?" The joking manner was gone from his voice and I could hear talons thumping against the floor as he made his way over to me.

"Jambu just gave me a letter from one of the Sandwing guards. He said the Amaranth's alive."

Deathbringer was silent for a moment. "What does the letter say?"

""Dear Queen Glory of the Rainwings and Nightwings,."" I paused and looked at Deathbringer. "I really hate all the formalities." I reminded him.

"I know." Came his smug reply, the ghost of a grin stretching across his worried face.

""I have received word of your dire situation and I believe news has befallen me that may be of assistance to you in your time of need. A few weeks ago there was an attack on the town where I grew up, Barren, a small town near the Claws of the Clouds Mountains, a good two hour flight North of Jade Mountain. I was home visiting family at the time and in the middle of the night five Skywings swooped down and began setting buildings on fire as well as stealing food. Nobody was hurt in the attack luckily, but the others were of course startled. When I ran outside to see what the commotion was I could hear them shouting to one another to grab this and that and I was able to get their names.

Coquelicot was a dark red male Skywing with broad shoulders and seemed to be second-in-command.

An older male named Cumulus was a bright red.

A red male with orange around his wings was referred to as Elbus.

The youngest was a female named Valley and she was pale red. She's couldn't have been more then ten.

Lastly, the leader was named Amaranth, she was large, strong, and very fierce. She was a blood-red and had venom across one eye.""

"Well that answers a lot of our questions." Deathbirnger pointed out as I clutched the scroll tightly.

Glorybringerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें