Chapter Nineteen-Confrontation

We're nearing the end guys. AHH!

The idea of writing a scroll soon disintegrated and I decided to fly over to Jade Mountain instead. I was in need of the comfort of my best friends and quite honestly writing up a scroll seemed like both too much work and way too formal at the moment.

I swear the rain forest had come to the conclusion that it should become twice as big though. I felt like I had been flying forever, as if the mountains in the distance were just painted onto the slightly overcast sky and I wasn't actually ever going to reach them. The  noisy chirps and squawks coming from lush green foliage below was the only indication at another life for near me.

With pumping purple determined wings and a racing heart I continued my journey to inter tribe school. It seemed as though the world had other plans though.

A slightly larger body tumbled onto mine and took us both down to the forest below. With a startled cry I tried to free myself from the other's grasp only to feel claws sinking into my back. I could feel as some of my blood left me and I prepared my fangs should the dragon and I come face to face.

Slapping through branches in our fall I was almost relieved when we instead of crashing onto a rock we landed in a small pond mixed with blooming algae and brightly colored frogs.

The impact was enough to knock the wind out of me and in the morning I would probably be sporting a few bruises. I had somehow managed to come loose from the barreling dragon's grasp when we hit the water and now as I scrambled to face them I felt as though someone had slapped me.

Amaranth.

She stood in all her glory, teeth bared, shooting me a look that could kill.

"For Queen Scarlet!" Were her only words and then the short distance between us became ever smaller. Throwing myself out of the way I skidded across the muddy ground and spit venom at the vile creature. She maneuvered her head out of the way just in time. It quickly became apparent that she wasn't fighting with skill, but with pure anger and I hope more than anything that I could use this against her.

Numerous scratches were given and received  by  both parties and I could not have possibly thought of a time estimate. Seemingly driven by one last push she pounced on me and knocked me back into a tree with her pinned against me. Sheer will to survive overcame me and without a second to waster I mustered all my remaining strength and spit venom onto her face. She shrieked and turned away. I spit the deadly goo at her again, this time hitting her torso. The birds went silent as the Skywing's pure agony filled the air around us. I was not finished though and was almost overcome with pity when her cries ceased.

Bleeding and numb I resolved to leave the corpse and took off back to my kingdom, my home, and my family.

That's a wrap folks. I know that I might have left a few loose strings, but I kind of like the story that way. Their story's not done, but the part that we got to saw is.

This was first ever story on Wattpad and it was started almost two years ago back in early May 2017, shortly after I first joined. Looking back I can definitely see how my writing has improved and I'm so grateful to have been given this opportunity.

I'm so thankful for all of you guys and I hoped you enjoyed this.

Bye!