Ch. 5 He's rarely affectionate towards strangers

Genie guides everyone to their proper rooms. Girls to the west wing while the boys stayed in the east wing. Adrielle and Mal decided to share a room together and the same went to Jay and Ben. Everyone took their stuff out of their bags and put them away in proper places. The girls decided to talk to each other before they went to bed while Jay wanted to patrol the palace. Jay was about to leave but Ben stopped him. 

" Where are you going?" Ben asked. 

" Just wanted to patrol the palace and see what they have" Jay smiled innocently at him. 

Ben stands up.

" You are my little sister's boyfriend. I don't want you to make her sad by getting yourself in trouble. So, I'm going with you" He tells him. " If someone asks you something. Just say that I asked you to come with me because I wanted to see how the palace is like" He smiled.

Jay stared at Ben. 

" You are a Good King" He teased him. 

Ben chuckles.

Jay and Ben stepped out of their room and started to walk around the palace at night. Jay looks around admiring the decor. 

" The decor is very beautiful" Ben smiled.

" Yeah...it...is" Jay whispered. 

They continued walking when Jay spots a beautiful emerald jewel on top of a monkey's head statue. 

" What a beauty" Jay smirks thinking of taking it from there. " I'll be back. Your Highness~" He says it in a teasing way. 

Ben turns around and sees Jay running towards the monkey statue. His eyes widened knowing fully well that Jay is going to take it. He opened his mouth to say something but a white blur attacked Jay causing him to fall on the floor. 

" Jay!" Ben shouts running towards Jay when he sees a beautiful white Bengal tiger on top of Jay. 

Jay blinks staring at the white Bengal tiger

" H-Hey. Good kitty" He stuttered feeling scared it will eat him. " I-I'm not going to take that" He tells it. 

The white Bengal tiger suddenly nuzzled its head against Jay's chest. It was showing him that it won't harm him. 

" Thalaj!" A male voice shouts.

The white Bengal tiger lets go of Jay and turned its head back seeing Aladdin who walked towards them. 

" Thalaj rarely attacks people" Aladdin informs them. " Are you okay?" He asked turning to Jay while petting Thalaj. 

" I'm fine" Jay mumbles eyeing Aladdin. 

Thalaj growls happily at the petting. 

Ben smiles at them. 

" Is it a boy or girl?" He asked.

Aladdin smiled. 

" It's a boy. Thalaj is the son of my wife's pet tiger Rajah. He has a little sister named Najma and she's my daughter's pet tiger" He explained to them. 

" So Thalaj is yours?" Ben looks at Aladdin. 

Aladdin looks at Thalaj and rubs his head affectionately. 

" No...." He whispers. " He was supposed to belong to my son..." He tells them as he stands up. " I'm sorry that Thalaj attacked you" He looks at Jay. 

Jay stands up and rubs the back of his head.

" It's okay. Ben and I were strolling around the palace" He tells him. " We'll go back to our rooms" He turns around about to walk away. 

Thalaj didn't want Jay to leave. 

He runs towards Jay and jumps on his back which surprised everyone. 

Jay falls down with Thalaj on top of him. 

" Thalaj!" Aladdin runs towards them. " Leave the poor boy alone" He tries to take Thalaj away from Jay. " You are too heavy for him" He sighs knowing Thalaj won't leave. " This is odd. He's rarely affectionate towards strangers" He stares at Thalaj with curious eyes. 

Ben smiled. 

" He likes you" He chuckles. 

Jay rolled his eyes. 

" Sorry but I'm taken" He tells Thalaj in a joking manner. 

Thalaj lets go of Jay and stands next to him. 

Ben helps Jay up and dust his clothes. 

" Have a good night sleep, Sultan Aladdin" He bows his head politely. " Jay and I are heading back to our room" He smiles and walks away with Jay by his side. 

Aladdin wished them a good night sleep. He glanced at Thalaj and wears a curious expression on his face wondering why the white Bengal tiger seems attached to Jay when the two just met.