Ch. 10 She's my mother

Jay and Adrielle walked around the palace as they held each other's hands. Adrielle looks around admiring the palace's decor. She turns to look at Jay and noticed he's wearing a thoughtful expression. She lightly grasped his right hand which caught his attention and turns to look at her.

"  What's wrong?" Jay asked her.

" I'm fine. I'm just worried about you...." Adrielle looks at him with a worried expression. " Ever since we got to Agrabah...you act differently" She tells him.

Jay blinks.

He opened his mouth to say something when he's suddenly attacked by the same white Bengal Tiger from last night which causes him to fall to the floor.

"Thalaj?" Jay blinks remembering Sultan Aladdin calling the white Bengal tiger that.

Thalaj purrs as he nuzzled his furry head against Jay's chest.

Adrielle looks at them and smiles.

" Aww. He's beautiful" She gently pets Thalaj's head. 

" Thalaj! Why did you run off?" A female voice asked the white Bengal tiger as she noticed Jay and Adrielle with him. " Ah! I'm so sorry. Are you two hurt?" She asked as she runs towards them.

Jay looks away from Thalaj and froze when he sees Sultana Jasmine. His heart skipped a beat as he feels a lot of emotions when he sees his mother in front of him.

" I-I'm umm...I'm okay" Jay stuttered feeling like an idiot in front of his mother. " I mean I'm okay" He tells her. 

Jasmine smiles at them.

" Now, Thalaj get off of the poor boy" She tells Thalaj.

 Thalaj growls lowly not wanting to leave Jay's side. 

Jasmine wears a surprised expression.

" What's wrong?" Jay asked her. 

" Thalaj never growls at me" Jasmine tells him. 

" Who are you?" She curiously asked Jay. 

Jay didn't know what to say. 

He can't help but feel scared that if he says his real name to her. She'll immediately find out that he is the son of Jafar. He wanted to tell her a fake name but he didn't want to lie to her. He looks at her in the eyes. 

" My name is Jay...." Jay tells her.

Jasmine smiles at him.

" Nice to meet you, Jay. My name is Sultana Jasmine but you are welcome to call me Jasmine" She tells him. " And who might you be?" She turns to Adrielle.

" My name is Adrielle" Adrielle politely introduced herself. " We are from the Kingdom of Auradon" She tells her.

" Ah! I see" Jasmine smiles at her.

Jay looks away from them and turns to Thalaj. 

" Hey, buddy. I know you like me but stop embarrassing me in front of my girlfriend......and my mother..." He whispers to him. 

Thalaj looks at Jay with an innocent expression.

Jay rolls his eyes.

" Can you get off of me, please?" He politely asked him. 

Thalaj gets off of Jay and stands by his side. 

Jay stands up and stretches as he looks at the two important girls in his life. He can't believe that he's standing in front of his mother. 

Jasmine turns to look at Jay.

" It was nice meeting you" She tells him. " Why don't you and Adrielle come to my family's dinner?" She asked him. 

Jay blushed. 

" Is that okay?" He asked her. " Won't Sultan Aladdin get mad if you invite two outsiders to your family's dinner" He tells her.

Jasmine smiles.

" Aladdin isn't like that" She tells him. " He would love to have you two over for dinner" She looks at them. " What do you guys say?" She asked them. " Do you want to join me and my family for dinner?" She smiles at them. 

Adrielle smiles as she hugs Jay's left arm.

" We would love to join you and your family for dinner" She tells her.

Jasmine looks at them with a happy expression. 

" Good. I'll see you both later" She tells them. " Thalaj! Let's go" She looks at Thalaj who left Jay's side and follow her back to the main building.

Adrielle and Jay watched them leave.

Adrielle turns to look at Jay. 

" Jay, you seem surprised when Sultana Jasmine interacted with us and invited us to her family's dinner" She tells him. " Everything, alright?" She asked her boyfriend.

Jay sighs as he rubs the back of his neck. 

" Adrielle....." He turns to look at his girlfriend. 

" She's my mother" He looks at her in the eyes.