You're scared of a storm

The lightening flashed and the thunder shook the windows of my bedroom. I tried to calm my racing heart but to no avail. I laid in my bed in my white lace night gown with my eyes wide open. I whimpered as another roll of thunder came. I stayed there deciding between going to the room across the hall where Robbie was or not. He has been kind to me so far but what would he say if I woke him for some silly reason such as a storm that will pass within the hour? With the rain pelting on the large windows I hear the third thunder strike and I'm whipping my blankets back. My feet touch the cold stone tiled floors and I nearly reconsider but I'm quickly reminded of why I wanted to go to Robbie in the first place. Walking down the halls, all is silent. All you see are the shadows of the raindrops on the grey walls of the house. I stall in front of his room. Should I knock or just enter? I open the wooden door with a jump as I hear the storm raging on outside. I shut the door behind me and turn to see Robbie sleeping peacefully. I creep closer trying to avoid making the slightest noise. I look at him sleeping; eyes shut, mouth slightly open. I hesitate to wake him but lightly shake his shoulder. He opens his eyes slightly and awakens fully when he sees my eyes filling with tears.

"What's the matter? Are you alright?" He asks scrunching his face in concern.

"Yes," I begin "but the storm was.." I trail off feeling quite silly now turning my head so I didn't have to see his reaction to my stupid reason for waking him.

He sat up revealing his shirtless torso. He turned my face towards him.

"You needn't be frightened of the storm."

He looked at me, not with anger, but in some comforting way. I kept silent and didn't move.

"Come on," he says moving over in his bed and opening the covers for me to join him. I gently crawled in and snuggled in close to his chest while he put the covers over my shoulders. When I was almost asleep I heard him say "You need not fear anything while I'm here."