Summer Romance

You were finally in California with your family for Summer vacation! You'd been begging all year to go and after hours and hours upon days and months of you forcing them to listen to your reasoning and begging they finally agreed. You left the hotel early that morning and walked along the shoreline watching the sunrise.

When you got tired of walking you went up to where the concessions were and ordered a Dr.Pepper. You noticed a boy around your age sit next to you. He smiled warmly at you decided to strike up a conversation.

After talking for what seemed a little while you realized that it had actually been a few hours. You got to know all about him and vice versa. He was so interesting to you and he seemed interested in you too, asking what your hobbies were, what you enjoyed most about California.

"You know what? There's going to be a beach bonfire party tonight with me and my friends, why don't you come so I can introduce you?" He sakes when you hit a lull in conversation. You were shocked. Was he really that into you, that he'd introduce you to his friends?

"Yeah sure," you replied and smiled as he handed you a napkin with his phone number on it. He walked you back to your hotel room and said good-bye.

Later that night when it was dark you got a text.

Meet me outside your hotel room, I'll show you where the bonfire is -Robbie

You put on your bikini and the coverup and waited outside your hotel room until Robbie showed up. You guys walked to the bonfire and his friends turned out to be really nice but they were teasing Robbie about bringing a date the entire time.

After the bonfire party that night you and Robbie had been texting nonstop and knew practically everything about each other within your two-week stay in California. On the last day of vacation you and Robbie decided to spend the day where you guys first met and talked.

Neither of you wanted to say goodbye to one another. It sounds impossible just from a two week summer vacation but you think you had actually fallen in love with him. You didn't know it but he felt the same about you.

You were nearly in tears as the sun went down across the horizon and hugged Robbie tight.

"I don't want to say goodbye," you said choking back sobs. He sighed heavily then seemed to perk up and grabbed both your hands.

"Maybe we don't have to say goodbye," he stated his eyes shining, a small smile on his face at the possibility of you two staying together.

"I think we could make long distance work. And during school breaks we could visit one another and it'll be like we were never apart," he explained in a rush. You smiled widely.

"We could couldn't we." He nodded and walked you to your car.

"I'll see you when fall break rolls around y/n"

"You bet," you replied still stalling getting in the car and actually leaving.

Your mom rolled down the window and yelled, "Y/N, kiss him already so we can leave!" You had never turned a brighter shade of red than you did right then. Robbie laughed and kissed you anyway. You said bye to Robbie and gave your mother a death glare while getting into the car.

As you drove away you turned back in your seat and waved back at Robbie. Maybe long distance could work for you two.

A/N: Hey guys, this summer I'm going to be drowning in things I have to do (dance camp, dance classes, tumbling lessons, school required reading and essay, work, and my other activities, and we're supposed to move this summer but I'll let you know when that happens so updates will be slower but I try to update as best I can.

Tell me what you thought of this preference, and btw my mom would actually do this given the chance, she says she lives to embarrass me.

QOTD: Your favorite tv show?

AOTD: Once Upon A Time or Vampire Diaries